Binge watched tv shows

I checked out Outlander season 4 at my library. I also hate the disconnect between seasons that are streaming and seasons that are out but not readily available.

^I agree! I watched the first season of ā€œFrench Villageā€ on Amazon Prime, but then season two came up and it said you had to subscribe to some obscure streaming channel. I kept looking and found it on Hulu (which we have in conjunction with Spotify), but now I have to sit through ads, blech.

Itā€™s going to get worse before it gets better. There are probably 500% more streaming channels out there than the world can actually support long term, and they are all fighting to get the content you want to see in order to get you to subscribe.

I watched the first episode of CHEER last night. I have to say I cringe at every injury or misstep in a catch or whatever. And I thought football was intense in Texas! :slight_smile:

If you have Prime, you can add on Starz on a monthly basis. I think itā€™s $10 or less. Cancel when season is over. (5 starts Feb 16 I think, 4 is on Starz now).

I red all the books between seasons.

I just finished Cheer today and I really enjoyed it. Those kids are amazing - such an inspiration. I loved them!

Anyone mentioned a TV show called Agatha Raisin yet?

Itā€™s an English comedy-drama. It reminds me a bit of Midsommer Murder and Ms. Fisherā€™s. Murder Mysteries but on a lighter side. It is a fun and enjoyable show.

The English countryside backdrop is also beautiful.

Maine, you can get all of French Village on DVD.

More seasons of ā€œFrench Villageā€ are available on Amazon Prime now.

Just finished all 4 episodes of The Pharmacist on Netflix. Itā€™s a documentary about a father who is grieving over his sonā€™s death. The son was shot in a drug deal gone bad and his father, a pharmacist in St. Bernard Parish, LA, becomes obsessed with finding his sonā€™s killer. Once thatā€™s done, though, he takes on the opioid epidemic that is killing the young people of his community, managing to bring down a local doctor who is running a pill mill.

It was a gripping documentary that showed how one man could make a difference, never stopping or taking no for an answer. From Time Magazineā€™s review:

Watching Designated Survivor. I like it - if you liked The Americans (9* to me), you might like it.

Watched The Morning Show on Apple TV with Reece Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston (and a host of other big names) and it was excellent! The last episode left me emotional for the rest of the day. So good!

@patsmom - I just started watching the The Pharmacist too. Itā€™s a familiar story to me, since I read about him in the local newspaper about a year ago. Iā€™m glad Netflix picked it up. They have really done a good job with the documentary, fleshing it out with all those interviews, photos, etc. I only got to episode one so far. Itā€™s really wrenching. That man is amazing!

Iā€™m halfway through Cheer and enjoying it so far, but these kids say ā€œlikeā€ more than anyone Iā€™ve ever heard, especially Jerry and Gabi! And speaking of Gabi, her parents are the worst. I feel sorry for her.

Dang it. Canā€™t binge it.
ā€œThe fifth season of Outlander premieres on Sunday, February 16 at 8 p.m. ET on Starz. After that, the next 11 episodes will drop weekly.ā€

I loved The Americans and thought it got better as the years went by. I watched a year or two of Designated Survivor but grew tired of it quickly and wasnā€™t interested enough to catch up when I missed a few episodes.

Has anyone watched Shrill? Iā€™m on the second season. I really like Aidy Bryant and the show has grown on me.

The Pharmacist was terrific, it would have been so easy to blow off Dan as a tragic figure, but this was incredibly watchable telly. Complex, touching, balanced. Not your usual addiction story really. The interview with the Dr was so unexpected. Her poor family.

Liked ā€œThe Strangerā€ a lot. Netflix has two other miniseries created by Harlan Coben: ā€œSafeā€ and ā€œThe Five.ā€ Both are worth watching; in fact, I liked Safe even better than The Stranger.

Thanks to @momo2x2018 for mentioning Greenleaf. I didnā€™t think H would care for it, but apparently he was a big Dallas fan back in the day, and Greenleaf is pretty soapy. 4 seasons are available, each 10-16 episodes (about 45 minutes each); so if you like it, youā€™re set for a while.

An excellent older (2010) HBO series that I saw for the first time recently on Netflix is ā€œThe Pacificā€ which was created as a companion piece to ā€œBand of Brothers.ā€

New to Schittā€™s Creek and I LOVE it.