Binge watched tv shows

we are starting the third season of Ozark tonight. My DH loves this series. @psychmomma - hopefully your H will try it again. It’s sort of mob/politics/drama/quirky set in the ozarks; away from Chicago where the family is originally from.

We’ve watched the first two seasons and we both love it. He’s an early bird and I’m a night owl, so sometimes our attention for tv watching doesn’t coincide.

Tonight I started Unorthodox. Wow, really interesting!

Loving Unorthodox. Finished Episode 2. Started Tiger Man last night, I hope it gets better. If it hadn’t gotten such rave reviews, I would stop.

Finished Season 2 of Goliath! Really like the series.

Me, too. I am still watching Tiger thing but I have no idea why I am watching.

@psychmomma Hope you like The English Game. I liked it.

Thanks for “unorthodox” suggestions…don’t miss the “making of unorthodox” …good distraction.

In case anyone doesn’t know - Etsy in Unorthodox was in Shtisel. Another great series. Several seasons long.

I really liked The English Game. Finished it yesterday. I’m sorry it seems to be a one season show. Julian Fellowes is so good at telling stories and developing characters - I want to know what happened to them next. The music matched the tone of the competitions so well - I don’t know how the composer does that.

Has anyone mentioned that Diane Ladd, who plays Laura Dern’s mother in “Enlightened” is her mother in real life??? So cool. They are both amazing actresses.

For fans of Julian Fellowes (Downton Abbey, The English Games), Belgravia starts in April…and The Gilded Age has been cast…looking forward to both. Agree that he is a great storyteller…

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/a31670714/julian-fellowes-belgravia-trailer-video/

https://www.hbo.com/hbo-news/the-gilded-age-julian-fellowes

My first encounter with Julian Fellows was with the book about Baudelaire. I was quite taken.

Thank you to the handful - @emilybee, @jerseysouthmomchess, @conmama and @psychmomma who recommended Unorthodox. I really enjoyed it. Great acting. Almost as good as Shtisel.

Glad you liked it @doschicos.

I gave up on Tiger King. I watched 3 episodes and they are just too long and repetitive for my taste. Story is interesting, but I really start getting ancy about 30 minutes in.

Finished Unorthodox and loved it! I would now like to read Deborah Feldman’s book.

We are 5 episodes into Tiger King and are speechless with mouths agape as we watch. What. The. Actual. Heck?

Not sure how many episodes I watched of Tiger King. But I saw no light at the end of the tunnel. One wacko after another. Is that what you mean “mouths agape”? If it is, I am glad I stopped.

@Iglooo - Yes, that is what I meant - “Wacko” is putting it mildly! Out of morbid curiosity, we will finish it though.

+1
Based on Unorthodox, which is pretty far afield from our usual fare (Nordic Noir), I’m going to have to finally put Shisel on the list.

@IxnayBob , Shtisel is wonderful…you get the whole family dynamic.

It was actually a TV series on Israel in 2011. Netflix recently picked it up and it just exploded. So much so, I read the actors are getting back together to continue filming more episodes. I hope so! You will have to turn on subtitles. It turns out to be no big deal, it’s so good.

Shtisel was absolutely wonderful. Not to be missed series. The actor who plays Etsy is in it.

After I finish The Restaurant I’m going to start Srugim (Amazon) 3 seasons. One of the shows my cousin recommended for our list of shows to watch we sent to family and friends.

Storyline:

“Considered by some an Orthodox version of Friends, this series revolves around the lives of a group of single religious men and women living in Jerusalem. Srugim is a frank, moving and sometime hilarious look into the dating lives of young religious people in Israel, with all its challenges and pressures.”

I watched Srugim as well. It was interesting but not as good as Shtisel and Unorthdox, IMO. I didn’t think the production quality and acting were as good - more soapy. I really disliked one of the characters.

@doschicos I know it’s not as good, but not every series I watch is an A+. And when I don’t like a show after a few episodes I dump it and go onto something else.