Binge watched tv shows

A four-part mini-series on Netflix - The English Game by Julian Fellowes. Very good and easy to watch; no brain power required.

To watch Succession I went to Prime Video, Home, then scrolled down to a section called HBO: Free for a limited time. Iā€™m on episode 10, and they have all been free.

I liked succession - and I liked Yellowstone. they were very similar. Iā€™m re-watching Downton Abbey right now.

My relative has never seen DA nor Mad Men - trying to figure out which one of those Iā€™d recommend if she could only watch one. Both are so good!

We are binging Line of Duty on Acorn, but I think itā€™s on Prime, too. Adrian Dunbar is an actor I like. Itā€™s got a bit of Law & Order feel, but in the UK and about IAā€™s perspective.

@bgbg4us , as much as I loved DA, I enjoyed Mad Men more.

We just finished season 2 of Succession. H and I both love this show! Sooooo good! Go watch it now!!!

Someone may have posted earlier, but for fans of the Bosch series , the new season is out. Iā€™ve watched 2 episodes and am enjoying it. Iā€™m a fan of Michael Connellyā€™s Bosch books and it took me a while to get used to the actor who plays Bosch in the series. In my mind, Bosch didnā€™t look like this actor.

For anyone who hasnā€™t seen Offspring, Iā€™m rewatching it, and loving it as much the second time through. Itā€™s an Australian family drama, very funny, too, and I love the characters so much that I hate when I get to the end. It has 7 seasons, so can last you a good while if you can resist binging until 2 am as I frequently do.

@psychmomma thanks for the recommendation! It looks good.

Loved Offspring!

I could definitely watch it again, especially since itā€™s has to be at least two years since I watched it.

^ I think itā€™s been about 2 years for me, too. I seem to clear my memory pretty fast of entertainment info, so itā€™s almost been like starting fresh.

@doschicos Thanks for Girl/haji recommendation. What a great and very different kind of show!

Itā€™s amazing to me that there are so many good shows Iā€™ve never heard of, even after googling for ideas. Iā€™m very thankful for this thread.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I opened up three tabs - netflix, hulu and amazon prime and added everything that looked good to my watch lists. Iā€™ve been doing some pandemic binge watching and finished Doc Martin, Call the Midwife, Kimā€™s Convenience and the mini-series Unorthodox so was looking for some more. A few people mentioned A French Village, which I loved and I watched on Prime and then Hulu but then the last two seasons are on MHZ, whatever that is. Very frustrating. If anyone sees those last few seasons pop up on hulu or prime, please post!

It would be so good if after a recommendation, people put in WHERE they watched it- netflix, prime, etc.

Glad you liked it, @maya54.

List of streaming services with 30 day free trials or other deals.

https://www.timesunion.com/tv/slideshow/Photos-from-article-These-are-all-the-TV-201571.php

@walkinghome I got a 30-day free trial of MHz and am watching the last two seasons of the show. There are only 13 episodes so itā€™s doable.

Late to the game but WOW the last couple of episodes of Big LIttle Lies season 2!!!

If anyone hasnā€™t watched a good series to watch. Maybe one of the ones being offered without a subscription???

Adding to the thanks to @doschicos for the Giri/Haji recommendation. I binged it over the weekend. Really excellent and engaging ā€“ good writing, good acting, beautiful filming, charismatic stars. Itā€™s a high-quality Japanese or Hong Kong gangster movie with a whole bunch of strong female characters (and a funny/tragic male prostitute) added in, with a concomitant interest in emotional relationships in addition to the usual focus on moral gray areas, corruption, and power. And about 2/3 of it takes place in London, mostly in English.

It has sporadic violence, some of which makes it to the ā€œgraphicā€ level, but it tends toward discretion in that regard. Much of the violence in the story takes place off screen, and there is only one scene where on-screen violence extends more than a few seconds. The violence is not glamorized.

This is a good bet for people who liked The Departed and The Sopranos.

Also watched the first two episodes of Mrs. America, being dribbled out on F/X and Hulu. Cate Blanchett is just fabulous as Phyllis Schlafly ā€“ she really leans in to the character, and makes her engaging, sympathetic, and ruthless in equal measures. The script helps a lot; its take on Schlafly is nuanced and well-rounded. Tracey Ullman is also really good as Betty Friedan. We were a little less enamored of the scriptā€™s and Rose Byrneā€™s portrayal of a very soft-edged Gloria Steinem.