Binge watched tv shows

Wondering if it’s time to take Broad Church out of the subject line? I’m into season 4 of Outlander and remembering why I liked the books less and less as they went on.

I’m watching Ekaterina (story of Catherine The Great) on Prime - it’s in Russian w subtitles Acting is superb, costumes are magnificent and sets and scenery are fantastic!

I second that taking Broad Church out - I never knew what it meant!!!

We don’t usually tout nature shows but this is fabulous. Cute robo cams.

Spy in the Wild, A Nature Miniseries

DESCRIPTION
The spy creatures investigate the wildlife that thrives in the tropics. They infiltrate a hippo pod, a nursery of red flying foxes, a gorilla sanctuary and the secret world of pygmy forest elephants.

Has anyone been watching “the plot against America”? We have one more episode left and I’ll be sorry to see it end.

Many thanks for updating the title! Now I don’t have to feel like I’m off topic when discussing anything other than Broad Church ;).

Caliphate on Netflix is incredible!!! . I binged the entire series in one sitting.

It is a Swedish series about how ISIS radicalizes and then recruits women in Western countries to run away to Syria and marry their fighters. It is a drama not documentary.

@scout59, DH and I watched The Plot Against America. So dark but mesmerizing. We will definitely miss it; I can’t find anything about additional episodes.

Ah - now that the title is changed, I guess I can post here.
We binge watched the latest season of Ozark the weekend it came out.
We’ve been binge watching Bosch over the last couple of weeks, and will likely finish the latest season tonight.
I’m not sure what if anything we will watch next - maybe one of the detective type shows recommended here.

@1214mom–try Broad Church☺!

^ @smdur1970 made me laugh out loud. Perfect idea. +++

If you have a library card or some college id (or your kid does,) take a look at Kanopy. It’s a wide variety of shows, not just what would show on Netflex or similar.

Just finished watching Never Have I Ever and enjoyed it. Funny and touching, too. It focuses on teens/family with similar formula/qualities that made To All The Boys I Loved Before and Sex Education really good. It was created by Mindy Kaling. It gets 97% from Rotten Tomatoes critics and 92% from audience. 10 28 minute episodes on Netflix.

Here’s Rotten Tomatoes blurb:
“Never Have I Ever is a new coming-of-age comedy about the complicated life of a modern-day first-generation Indian American teenage girl. The series stars newcomer, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan as Devi, an overachieving high school sophomore who has a short fuse that gets her into difficult situations.”

Unorthodox was so good! Very well acted. Love it.

My friend keeps trying to get me to watch this. We don’t have Hulu. I’m considering it as she never tells me to watch something as much as she is insisting I watch this.

I finished both seasons of Shtisel (Netflix) in maybe 2 and a half days. Loved the whole cast. Highly recommend!

When my son was younger he asked about the laugh tracks. Before that time I rarely noticed they were there once a show started. But after that, I couldn’t not notice them. He didn’t grow up watching almost any TV and so the laugh tracks in sit coms seemed super strange to me. He still makes fun of me and the 80s frequently and one of the things he teases me about are sit com laugh tracks. :slight_smile:

The funny thing about Ozark is that even though I found the storyline farfetched from the beginning, I kept watching. And at first I thought the actress who played Ruth was not good and didn’t get the accent right, but I still kept watching.

And it turns out I ended up binge watching season 3 and really like it now. Ruth is now one of my favorite characters. I also saw this actress in Dirty John (I recommend that show and podcast as well…It’s a true story), and I realized that she actually is a really good actress.

Jason Bates and Laura Linney are so good in it too. Darlene, Wyatt, and Jonah are great supporting characters. So as crazy as the plot gets, I’ll keep watching.

Julie Garner (Ruth) was also in Modern Love. She’s great.

It looks like you can get HULU free for 30 days. I may have to check into that, which in NORMAL times i would have about zero interest in.
Would my husband like Little Fires Everywhere? I read the book Some time ago and liked it, but I can’t remember much about it.

@1214mom ,
If you try Hulu, I highly recommend Line Of Duty (Brit8sh show).
Have you wtached Luther? Another good British cop drama.

You like Bosch. I am convinced that you will enjoy these two police detective shows.