Binge watched tv shows

I agree Succession could have done with about 50 - 75% of its expletives and I dud find that distracting. However, if you gave it a couple episodes, give it a couple more. It grows on you, then you’ll binge it!

My absolute “Must sees” from this thread include Rita and Giri/Haji. They are nothing alike but just both great. Highly recommend! And thanks to those who suggested!

Yeah, we stuck it out with “Succession” at the urging of one of our sons. Now we’re hooked.

The first series that I had a tough time adjusting to was The Sopranos. After the language, sex, and violence of that show, the rest seem ordinary. We watched Succession twice so far. (Second time with S.) It’s true, the characters are not likable - but the storylines are interesting.

I’ve been watching Ozark with my DH;

but then on my own watching all sorts of versions of pride and prejudice and sense and sensibility on Amazon Prime. Both have 3 versions out that I like: from the early 80s a BBC version; then more updated versions from BBC and of course the movies. I like certain characters from each version . . . would love to combine them all in a perfect version. I’ve been noticing how the hair styles of the times they are made are subtly reflected in the movies even though they take place so long ago. I suppose that’s not a new observation, but it just hit me.

If you watched Dead To Me, season one I saw that the first episode, season 2 came out yesterday.

@abasket, all ten episodes of season 2 of Dead to Me came out yesterday.

Just finished Season 2 of My Brilliant Friend. No release date. I wonder if filming has started or been stopped because of CV-19. Might be a very long wait for Season 3. :frowning:

@Mom2jl oh thanks for that info! For some reason when I looked it up it only mentioned episode 1 for May 8th!

We just finished Dead to Me. Sooooo good.

We’re rewatching season 1 of Dead to Me. I forgot how good it was. We’re also starting Bloodline again since S hasn’t seen it yet. One of my top favorites.

@psychmomma I was just talking about Bloodline yesterday, I watched from the beginning for Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights (a favorite in our house). Co-starring Linda Cardellini from Dead to Me, season two we hope to start tonight. We finished Hollywood on Netflix last night, one episode a night. Great production quality, some real and some reimagined stories from 1940s Hollywood, a little graphic may be off-putting to some but we liked it. Ryan Murphy, he created Glee, American Crime and Horror Story.

Finished Season 3 of The Restaurant yesterday. Now waiting for Christmas Special. Hope it’s released next week.

@3sonsmom - Yep! Loved watching Kyle Chandler in a completely different role. Friday Night Lights is at the top of my favorites list, too. We are almost done with Hollywood.

I have watched Meteor Garden 2018 on Netflix twice and enjoy it so much! Anyone else? I am pretty sure that I am not the target demographic, but I find a lot of teen relationship talking points scattered throughout with the main couple and the secondary characters. It is fun to see some of the cultural differences and similarities from China/US and it wasn’t obvious to me at first, but some of the songs in the background are sung by the main characters in F4.

Oh, I adored My Brilliant Friend. Just gorgeous. I was wondering the same thing about season 3.

Based on an article in the paper (was it NYT?) my wife wanted to watch Outlander. So went with a 7 day free trial for STARZ and will see how much of it we can watch in 6 days. Tonight season 1 episodes 1 and 2. I might have to sign up for Netflix. I want to watch Ozark. I may have to buy a new TV (I know, that is a different thread). We are still watching our 42" plasma that we bought in early 2000s when price dropped to $2,000 !! It still works fine, but a 75 incher would be so much nicer!! :smile:

We signed up for the 30 day free trial of CBS all access to watch Picard. Really enjoying it. May see what else to watch while we have it. Any suggestions?

75" Wooza! I have a 36" also plasma and assumed I had all I needed.

I’ve been considering signing up to watch The Good Fight.