Binge watched tv shows

I’m into season 2 of 12 Monkeys on Hulu and still interested. Plus at a minimum it lets me think that things could be a lot worse!

Question to those on this thread. My TV time is limited and I limit it. :slight_smile: I am watching Schitt’s Creek now but would like a second option.

I’m looking for a streaming show that would either be about homes in some way - like a alternative House Hunters or a reality decorating show or something. I have the HGTV app but haven’t really used it - any series on their??? I actually should check - I have liked HomeTown in the past but don’t know if the HGTV app has the different seasons.

Please post any suggestions!

@abasket. Home Town was my first thought. Ben and Erin are charming, I think I’ve seen every episode. I joke “we can move there”. A couple got a second home, they live in Canada!

We also watch Million Dollar Listing L.A. too, just for fun.

I binge watched “Doctor Foster,” a British drama, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Depressing and not that good. I wish I hadn’t wasted the time to see it.

The Great Interior Design Challenge is a UK-based interior design version of The Great British Bake-off. Not interior design but design related, another show I enjoyed watching was The Big Flower Fight which is floral design.

Reality competition shows are my guilty pleasure I watch for mindless relaxation and I especially like the British ones.

Grand Designs (British) hosted by Kevin McCloud on Netflix is one of the house shows we enjoy. The World’s Most Extraordinary Homes with Piers Taylor and Caroline Quentin, on Netflix, is one of our favorites. Piers, an architect, can be a bit much for me. Caroline, on the other hand, just exudes joy as she wanders through these houses and even more so when she can enjoy a swim. Room to Improve by Irish architect Demot Bannon is fun. It’s been on Amazon. We rewatched all of these shows over the past few months.

I miss Location, Location, Location with Phil Spencer and Kirstie Allsopp, as well as the other shows they’ve done. We used to watch a lot of house shows from the UK. After a while, it seemed like BBCA became like any other channel on the cable lineup. For nostalgia’s sake, I plan to re-watch a garden show called Ground Force with Alan Titchmarsh after finding that we still have a dvd of that series.

@MaineLonghorn We watched Doctor Foster 8 months ago, pre Covid. Jodie Comer was in it and we like Killing Eve. Agree it was dark! Not sure why but dark marriage themed movies a category I watch - Squid and the Whale, Little Children, Revolutionary Road, Blue Valentine, Marriage Story etc. Note, none of these I would watch in theses stressful times. I liked Jodie in The White Princess miniseries, previous show The White Queen even better.

Appreciate the suggestions @doschicos and @Silpat !

I finally remembered the name of a British “House Hunters” show one of my fav Instagramers is always watching. Escape To The Country. Sounds like a more gentle House Hunters!!

https://decider.com/2017/03/20/escape-to-the-country-netflix/#:~:text=Much%20like%20The%20Great%20British,lesser%20known%20counties%20or%20towns.

I’d love to see Escape to the Country. I think the presenter, Alistair, is the same guy who was on House Doctor with Ann Maurice years ago. She was an outspoken American who advised Brits on preparing their homes for sale. Didn’t much care for her, but thought he was adorable.

I’m into season 3 of, The Path, and just found out that it ends the season on a cliffhanger and has not been renewed! I like it and think it’s well written. I like Aaron Paul (from Breaking Bad fame) and the rest of the cast is very believable. It’s on Hulu.

I’m a huge Amazing Race fan. A friend told me that YouTube has The Amazing Race Canada available. My smart TV gets it. It’s awesome! Rather than world travel, it’s all in Canada, which is super interesting. I’m midway through watching season 1 right now. No commercials, no subscription required.

^^^ I should def do that. I’ve caught a few randoms episodes while in Canada - I should just do a season!

I just finished watching The Sommerdahl Murders, a Danish murder/mystery series (Amazon Prime w/Acorn subscription). Really enjoyed it and glad to see they are planning a second season, though another year before it comes out.

I’ve binge-watched the usual suspects (Breaking Bad, Black Mirror, GOT) and highly recommend all of the above! But for more out of the ordinary shows, I suggest Fleabag, Fargo, and Years & Years.

@JustaMom, the guy who does Amazing Race has a new one on CBS, Tough As Nails. It’s a contest among blue collar workers doing blue collar type tasks each week. My hands and back hurt just watching it, but it reminds me of when I was a teenager scrapping for gas money doing manual labor summer jobs.

^^^We are enjoying Tough as Nails. They are amazing. I can barely change a light bulb but dh is super handyman, thankfully.

We love “Midnight Diner” on Netflix. In Japanese, with subtitles. Thirty minute episodes.

The action takes place in a diner open from midnight to 7am, and the proprietor will make anything the patron wants, if he has the ingredients. Really interesting characters come in.

1 Like

Relationships shows - Married at First Sight (season 9) on Netflix and Dating on the Spectrum, also Netflix. Very interesting to see the obstacles couples face due to differences of personality, family, lifestyle, goals, dreams, etc.

Rita is back on Netflix!! :grin: Season 5!

Is anybody watching the current MAFS? Amelia & Bennet are adorable, I hope they make it!