Binge watched tv shows

Halt and Catchfire …Netflix, fictional account of computer tech history, strong female characters

Just started Space Force on Netflix. Not terrible. Not the best, award-winning, critically acclaimed of all time, but not terrible.

My husband and I like to watch something “light” while eating lunch. We started watching Ted Lasso and really like the diversion. Check it out if you have Apple TV+.

We started Space Force with high expectations given the cast. I personally didn’t care for it enough to watch more than a couple of episodes. My DH likes it, though!

Style Edit- regular family episodes are more interesting to me. The hosts are sort of… annoying?

ABC half hour comedy “American Housewife” is interesting, but not great. Original title was something like “The Second Fattest Housewife in Westport, Connecticut”.

A great upcoming actress is a young girl who plays Anna Kat on American Housewife. She recently requested to be released for her contract with American Housewife in order to focus on a career in movies.

One episode in particular highlights this young actress’ talents–either episode Season 4 Episode 17 or Episode 18. Revolves around Franklin attending a party with Anna Kat & other characters who vandalizing a school statue as a senior prank. Franklin’s singing is wonderful in this episode. To appreciate Anna Kat’s acting talent, watch her eyes throughout this episode.

Okay. So. We are giving “Fleabag” a second chance.

Fleabag kept growing on me until I finally loved it.

That is what so many have said and we really needed a new series.

We watched Young Wallender (Netflix, 6 episode miniseries), I think per suggestion here. We liked it, even though my husband feels the last episode did not resolve enough loose ends. We started to look for a Wallender series somewhere, but we could not find any for free (we have Netflix, Amazon Prime … and for a while longer Disney+) . Help?

My brother texted and told me to watch Cobra Kai, recently added on Netflix. It picks up with the Karate Kid characters, 34 years later. Fun series. Short episodes, two 10 episode seasons, with a third season to premiere in 2021 on Netflix.

I had to slog through first few episodes of “Fleabag” too before I got hooked.

We watched two episodes of “Space Force” and did not like it at all. OTOH I am quite liking “Away”.

For our comedy fix I’m still really enjoying “Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist”.

I laughed so hard at Netflix’s The Duchess. Katherine Ryan is HI-LAR-IOUS!!! I need a season 2 already!

Thanks for the recommendation of Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. It is the perfect, fun series for our family right now. Love it!

You may want to hold off on the season’s last episode of Zoe though. Wait to watch it until the new season.

Wait, why? We just have the last two episodes left…

And won’t the new season take forever to come out now because of the pandemic?

@Publisher and @coralbrook the Descendants is one of my favorite movies. I saw the scene with Clooney and Judy Greer on the beach just the other night. Great cast, I believed the daughters and Clooney as family. Nebraska was a one watch, didn’t love it but Sideways And Election excellent, all Alexander Payne directed.
IMHO Clooney had a 4-5 year run of excellent movies. Up in the Air, Michael Clayton and The Ides Of March, many views.

1 Like

The first season of “Keeping Faith” is on Prime and I enjoyed it. They only offer season 2 to purchase. I enjoyed Modus, Counterpoint-can be dark and violent, The Missing, Unforgotten. Could not get into Fleabag.

Aren’t we getting season 4 of The Crown in November?
When in the world will Victoria return to PBS???