Binge watched tv shows

Season 2 of Criminal UK is on Netflix - we’ve watched 2 episodes and so far it’s very good. It strikes me as so culturally different from US crime dramas, interrogation is presented as such a different process.

@4kids4us If you like Sommerdahl Murders, then try Wisting, we watch it on Acorn. Have you seen both seasons of Rebecka Martinsson? The lead actress changed from season 1-2, but both are terrific.

We finished “Fleabag” and oh my!!! The ending!! That is going to stay with me for a long, long time.

1 Like

I started watching “Long Way Up” on Apple TV. It follows Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman as the attempt to ride electric motorcyles from Tierra del Fuego to Los Angeles. Should be interesting to see them travel through Patagonia and Atacama desert.

Also interesting to follow all the issues with using electric bikes in the middle of nowhere in harsh conditions. Some of the scenery is worth watching alone. They’ve done prior documentaries on touring. They did “Long Way Down” years ago.

Yes, “The Crown” will be back on November 15, yay.

And Blacklist season 7 in on Netflix now! I hear there will be a season 8.

Looking forward to Blacklist season 7! We got caught up to season 7 last fall, but didn’t want to pay $$$ per episode to watch it On Demand.

We started Lovecraft Country. I really enjoyed the first episode. 2nd episode, not so much. We might keep going. We will see. We started Cobra Kai this weekend. I really liked that one.

Oh my…The Vow - HBO’s docu-series. I just watched the first 3 (of 9) episodes (about an hour each). I’m always (ALWAYS!) stunned and amazed that seemingly smart people get pulled into cults and cultish behaviors (pyramid schemes, and the like). The episodes I’ve seen so far kind of jump around time wise, but it isn’t such that it takes away from the insanity of the story.

2 thumbs up…and going back for more!

Very funny (imho) review of the Great British Baking Show, 2020 premiere:
https://www.grubstreet.com/2020/09/great-british-baking-show-2020-premiere-recap.html

I watched Episodes on a Showtime free trial recently, someone recommended it. I literally laughed out loud. thanks to whomever suggested it. Definitely not safe for work, definitely superfluous sex & language, but it was funny.

1 Like

The new season of Fargo has started. I’m such a sucker for anything set in the 50’s. The cars alone make it worth watching. Also Chris Rock is excellent in the lead role.

Just stumbled on Masterpiece Theater Van der Valk and really enjoyed it. A little quirky police series set in Amsterdam. It is a remake of an earlier British series I had never heard of before. Looks like they may try for a season 2 in 2021.

Someone upthread mentioned Criminal (the UK version) . My spouse and and I have really enjoyed it. There is a Spain version and think some other countries, but I don’t care for shows that are dubbed (the inflection/emotion isn’t right).

Based on this thread, I have started watching Poldark. Liking it overall, but sometimes I find the lead too 21st century (5:00 shadow, sculpted body, certain mannerisms) for a show set in the late 1700s.

Both Van der Valk and Baptiste which Masterpiece aired earlier this year were really fun to watch if you’ve been to Amsterdam. Really conveyed the vibe of that city. We were there at this time last year prior to a river cruise and liked the city much more than we thought we would.

Loved the recommendation of My Octopus Teacher. Not a series, but really beautiful.

I’ll put this here but maybe it belongs somewhere else - for those with Prime, you may now pchase many channels (during Amazon Prime week, which starts now), for $0.99
for two months, then typical pricing. A good time to get a good deal to binge!

Two oddball shows to share, both discovered when reading about series not to miss. I leave it to you to see if they’re your taste. I’ve only just begun them.

Samurai Gourmet. And Sacred Games (set in Mumbai.) You can google some reviews.

As for Blacklist, already trying so hard to pace this season .

GLOW won’t be back, after all. ?. They cited difficulties due to COVID.

Trying to get into Schitt’s Creek but struggling. It has its moments but it seems really juvenile. I keep thinking about all the awards it won and wondering what I’m missing.

@MaineLonghorn I felt that way about SC for most of the first season…but then I became hooked…and was bummed when it all ended. Some talented, witty writing.