Binge watched tv shows

I liked Emily in Paris episode 1. H did not (except for the Paris scenery). I may go back and watch it myself someday. But for now I’m still solo viewing Grey’s Anatomy, as I have been for the past year…almost limitless episodes :wink:

“Lodge 49”. It’s one of those quirky comedy-dramas. Stars Wyatt Russell who is the son of Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. He looks so much like his dad.

I’ve seen posts here concerning The West Wing. If you’re a fan, The West Wing Reunion is available on Thurs., 10/15. Needless to say I’m looking forward to watching it!

Check out the trailer and more information here. https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/08/entertainment/west-wing-special-hbo-max/index.html

We had enjoyed The Vikings and (my guilty pleasure) Outlander, exhausted those so started the Last Kingdom. Like Vikings, it took a few episodes to get hooked, and the battle violence can be too much for me sometimes, but we enjoy it.

I want to hear a little more about the Emily in Paris series I’ve been hearing about.

What would you compare it to? I hear it’s not very realistic about the work world??

It seems EiP is very annoying to some, amusing to others. And there’s a group that loves to hate it but watches through. You can google those reviews. I’m intrigued enough to try it.

I’m not generally fond of anything that ends up making light of the disrespectful or gets silly about naievete.

I wish they had cast someone else for Emily. The scenery is great.

Emily in Paris is light and fluffy with beautiful scenery. I personally love shows that can just be a fun escape. Everything I watch doesn’t need to be realistic or teach me something, but that’s just me.

1 Like

Anyone watch “Younger”? Is Emily in Paris sort of a that kind of vibe???

@a basket I watch Younger too. Emily in Paris may have a bit of the vibe that Younger has.

We tried Emily in Paris but gave up about 15 minutes in. To be fair, though, that’s not our type of show, so we shouldn’t have clicked on it in the first place.

We’ve caught up with Call the Midwife (one of our favs) and are now watching Fargo.

1 Like

I finally got around to watching The Mindy Project on Hulu and am enjoying season 1. Is this one of the shows that starts greats but can’t keep the momentum, or does it hold up through the series? I enjoy seeing actors fromThe Office pop up.

Emily in Paris is appealing for the French scenery, the work issue is far fetched, the young American having the creative right answer to each issue arising and being taken seriously, but if you ignore that, the rest is just kinda fun.

“Call the Midwife (one of our favs)”- Same here, one of our Netflx go-to shows. We will be sad when all seasons are depleted. It shows an interesting slice of London history (1950s/60s, working class area). You really do start to get attached to the characters, some of them very interesting nuns.

1 Like

I love that the CTM stories are generally warm and uplifting, showing people who care about each other and who go to great lengths to help one another and strangers. I feel that the stories speak to the best in us. Time well spent, IMO.

1 Like

RE: Call the Midwife, even when there is a sad heartbreaking plot, usually the subplot is positive and uplifting, or vice versa. Every episode makes one both happy and sad simultaneously.

2 Likes

Stephen Colbert had the West Wing class on the show Friday night talking about the non=reunion show. It was very interesting.

They also had some random shows on TBS on Friday. I don’t know if they have been showing 1-2 shows for a while or if they will continue. I can watch them on Netflix, but it was fun to find them on TV.

Something fun for “Office” fans (which my 22-year-old D happens to be) - a podcast put on by the actresses who played Pam and Angela. They rewatched each episode, talked to writers, directors, etc. and give you lots of behind-the-scenes info. I wasn’t that big a fan, but I have to admit it was fun listing to one of the podcasts. It seems like the cast really had fun making that show.

1 Like

The Office podcast with Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey has been out for a year. I was listening and trying to watch along but got behind.

Some of the podcasts are newer, because they referenced the pandemic in the one I listened to.