Binge watched tv shows

Well they highlight and review one episode each week. Started last October with Season one, episode one. Most podcasts are continuing through COVID often in home “studios” (i.e., closets!)

Lol…@twoinanddone is correct. The West Wing show Is a non-reunion charity special to benefit When We All Vote.

If you missed seeing some of the cast on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Google it. As twoinanddone said, it’s interesting.

I’m a big West Wing fan and watch it whenever real politics gets too real for me. I can recite most of the dialog after this political year.

I won’t get to see the benefit play as it’s on an HBO network. I figure it will be release to us non-payers soon, so the Colbert thing was fun for now.

@Marilyn, The Mindy Project is one of my favorite shows! I think it holds up very well through all six seasons. I was really sad when it ended.

Logged in just for this thread and some new ideas. Some shows we enjoyed recently:
Turn, Washington’s spies (originally AMC, now on Netflix). It’s a bit corny, especially at first, but grows on you after a few episodes. Some great acting and many of the events and characters are based on true events/people. Loved the Washington character. Four seasons (2014-2017)

The recent Masterpiece Mysteries; Van der Valk, Flesh and Blood, Endeavor, all can be binge watched streaming from PBS passport (if you contribute to PBS). Liked them all!

Disappointed with most recent Rita season, very dark and depressing.

Although we tend to prefer mysteries we both loved Schitt’s Creek, even DH who doesn’t share my “Monty Python” humor. Could be timing too, it was a great escape from from the trauma of real life.

For those of you who enjoy cooking competition shows I recommend American Barbecue Showdown on Netflix. We’re finding it pretty entertaining.

Another vote for Cobra Kai! It’s such a great series and so fun to watch with my kids.

Started watching The Unicorn on Netflix and have enjoyed it so far. I love the 22 minute episode length. Great cast that work well together.

Both my kids loved Schitt’s Creek but I had a hard time getting into it. They convinced me to stick with it beyond season 1. I am on season 5 right now and it is pretty good. I find that I cannot watch too many of the episodes in one go though - probably 3 at the most.

We watched Emily in Paris one night. Light hearted, some fun word play. Yes, not very realistic but we are not watching it for realism! It was a fun evening.

Can the West Wing reunion show be seen anywhere other than HBO? That is still one of my favorite shows.

If you enjoyed Emily in Paris for the scenery and learning about the French, you will enjoy Call My Agent. A French TV series that is fun and interesting about agents to French Actors and actresses. A lot of appearances by famous French actors.

2nd season of Mystery Road is on Prime now. Australian.

‘Stranger’ Korean -subtitled- police drama. Weirdly hooked. It portrays a lot about culture. If you can get over the drama accents of pauses and eye looking and people talking to themselves, it is interesting.

I loved! The End of the F***ing World. It has an edge to it with a lovely story. I found the weird bloody scenes funny but there area number of gruesome scenes that are unbelievable. The ending is lovely. One of my favorite. My #1 of my life is Maude and Harold and this had a similar flavor.

I also completely enjoyed Chocolate. Subtitles. Charming.

Both are on Netflix.

Midnight Diner Tokyo stories …Netflix, hard to explain the calming, hypnotic, appeal of these minimalistic, simple, stories of the misfits, fringe, just interesting diners who find themselves at the counter of this tiny diner. Yes, there are recipes involved at the end of each episode,

https://www.newsweek.com/midnight-diner-tokyo-stories-netflix-best-show-529427

Just finished watching the last of the Criminal series on Netflix. There are 4 versions – UK, Spain France and Germany (the last three are with subtitles). I highly recommend it. The final episode of the German series (titled “Claudia”) was riveting with a stunning ending that I hope will be resolved in a new season.

I was willing to pay for HBO Max to see the West Wing (non) reunion show. My D and I watched the whole series during quarantine and loved it. I signed up to add HBO Max and then found out that HBO Max isn’t available to Xfinity subscribers yet. At least that was the message that showed up on my screen. Is there some other way to see this show???

I just signed up for the free trial online (have to remember to cancel!) and ended up watching it on my PC. I have a smart TV and 2 fire sticks, but none of them have an app that lets you watch HBO Max.

I’ve also discovered this about HBO Max. I watched the original episode of Hartsfield’s Landing last weekend and then watched the Colbert cast reunion. They had a clip and I’ve also seen parts of reunion in the trailer. With original fresh on my mind, it made me a little sad to see the older cast reenacting. I wish they had done something new like Nancy Meyers did for The Father of the Bride cast.

Someone on one of my podcasts mentioned Love Life as a good binge. (I say “binge” even though I take a long time to finish even a short series!).

I searched this thread in the search box and didn’t see it mentioned. Stars Anna Kendrick . Anyone watched??

Not sure if someone has recommended Emily in Paris on Netflix. I really enjoyed it - very lighthearted and I loved all the Paris scenes. It’s kind of like The Devil Wears Prada.

I have never seen West Wing. I may give it a shot.