Binge watched tv shows

Thank you!

Weā€™re giving Discovery+ a try. For about $8/mo. without ads itā€™s a much better deal than buying a season of a show from Amazon. Iā€™ve been getting my HGTV/DIY fix this past week.

Since we finished watching the last available season of Great British Bake Off on Netflix, Iā€™ve been wanting something light to watch before bedtime. Salvage Dawgs has filled that niche recently. I enjoy the camaraderie of the crew and am usually impressed by the co-ownerā€™s son ingenuity in the repurposing projects he does.

2 Likes

My sons howl with laughter at Longmireā€™s dialogue. In the very beginning of the show after he has a major accident, when someone asks what happened to his hand and he says, ā€œHurt it.ā€ they couldnā€™t stop laughing. Also his awkwardness with that realtor who pursued him near the beginning. They are loving it and weā€™ve been watching a couple episodes each evening.

4 Likes

Decided to forgo the rest of ā€œDesignated Survivorā€. It was timely and fun for the first 1/2 season. But the rest (so far), have unfortunately become too predictable. Each episode is the ā€œcrisis of the dayā€. The first episodes had more realistic characters. Now, most of the characters can do no wrong, and know everything about anything. Ah well. Anyone else watched more of future seasons & recommend sticking with it?

1 Like

I think I made it through the whole 1st season of Designated Survivor but after that it was too far fetched (not like the whole premise wasnā€™t).

17 days to finish all 6 seasons of Schitt$ Creek. Thanks to everyone who suggested we keep with it after the first few episodes. Thoroughly entertaining and sad to see it end. The after-special was equally enjoyable.

11 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed Last Tango in Halifax! Great quality acting and believable characterization. Just finished Imposters, which turned out to be fun. Took a couple episodes , then I was hooked. Only 2 seasons. Iā€™ve started Longmire. Itā€™s ok. I find if I never watched another episode it wouldnā€™t bother me, but Iā€™m finding Iā€™m watching if there is nothing else.

5 Likes

@conmama there are 4 seasons of Last Tangoā€¦ enjoyed them all!

4 Likes

A show that Iā€™ve always wanted to watch but have not had access to is now streaming on Hulu - Freeks and Geeks. Highly acclaimed by a family member who is a tv critic.

I hope to start it soon. I think it was a series really coveted by the Gen Xā€™ers.

4 Likes

Freaks and Geeks is one of our favorite series!! I watched it when it was first released and loved it. Then, a couple of years ago, I persuaded my family to watch it and they all fell in love with it, too. We were all sad it ended when it did - there is so much that was left unfinished and we could see so many directions it could have taken in additional seasons. But well worth watching ā€“ enjoy!

3 Likes

I like both Bridgerton and Poldark, but honestly except for period dress and British accents they could not be more different.

1 Like

11 Shows Like Bridgerton to Watch Right Now (oprahmag.com)

I knew I saw an article that had Poldark on recommended list. Iā€™m very glad I listened! Funny, Iā€™ve seen 4 on the list already and hope to watch Sanditon next, only one season show.

2 Likes

Just watched Blown Away, a glass-blowing competition on Netflix( 2 seasons). Very interesting.

Iā€™ve never seen Gossip Girl, might have to try after reading that list.

Has anyone watched the series My Name is Earl? My son-in-law recommended it. We started the first season and then stopped, but decided to go back to it. Itā€™s one of those shows that had 20-some episodes a season. Some of the episodes in Season 1 were drop dead funny and others were just OK. Does it improve or change in any way as it progresses?

2 Likes

I enjoyed Sanditon, but be prepared to be left hanging. It didnā€™t get renewed and the writers had left part of the story line unresolved.

We absolutely love My Name is Earl. My older daughter has watched it probably 3 times.

2 Likes

In season 6 (of 7) of Brooklyn Nine Nine. Son insisted we watch it, finally started it, and have grown to like it. Andy Sambergā€™s character is annoying and childish at the start, but he does grow as a person, and the other characters are goofy and likeable.

Season 8, I believe will be starting in the next month or soā€“hoping to be caught up by then.

1 Like

OK, finally signed up for Netflix to watch Bridgerton because historical romances (started with Georgette Heyer in college) are my guilty pleasures. Iā€™ve read most all of Julia Quinnā€™s books along the way but donā€™t remember specifics because there are only so many plots in the genre. Just watched the first episode and love the costumes, settings, et al. Itā€™s great seeing it all come to life.

After I binge watch this series, on to The Crown (I think I saw season 1 some time ago). Then to figure out what next.

WOW @Marilyn sounds like you are in our home! We finished Bridgerton last week, and will finish S4 of The Crown tonight! Next we will watch season 2 of Blown Away on Netflix, which is a competition between glass artists filmed in Ontario. Season 1 was amazing.

DW just saw a promo for a new documentary on Netflix called The Dig, about an excavation of a Saxon ship in England. Sounds like it has vibes of ā€œDetectoristsā€, for fans of that show. Even Johnny Flynn (did music for Detectorists) is somehow involved!

1 Like