Binge watched tv shows

Yes, I think I’d read that as well.

Universal family struggle and love. They did a wonderful job with Shtisel. No politics. All seasons were fantastic.

1 Like

Try Bonus Family

Caught a stray episode of Death in Paradise which apparently has 10 seasons. I saw episode 1 season 8. It seems like it could be standalone. But I’m trying to figure out if I can watch from the beginning without paying Amazon a small fortune.

I started streaming Crazy Ex Girlfriend two days ago, and am madly in love with the show. Just watched the episode with the Fred and Ginger number and had to rewind and watch that part twice, it was sooooo good.

Watched the first three episodes of Mare of Easttown during the Xfinity Watchathon week and really enjoyed it. Same with The Flight Attendant (only 3 episodes of each show were available). Darn! Now I will have to figure out how to watch the rest of the episodes without having to subscribe to HBO. :frowning:

2 Likes

When watchathons are announced, we watch nothing else. We used the 2 watchathons last year to watch the newest season of Outlander, catching about half the episodes each time. We end up watching lots of British stuff on Acorn. Got hooked on Agatha Raisin. TIP: Do not start Agatha Raisin with S1 Ep1—there is a 90 minute movie that predates the seasons, provides lots of backstory and introduces the characters.

2 Likes

After George Segal died we started watching The Goldbergs. It was not on my radar at all before that. We are really enjoying it. I think we are on season 3 now. We also binged Freaks and Geeks. Have watched Derry Girls through 3 times I think. Love that show. Really enjoyed Ted Lasso too. Also the Good Place and Kim’s Convenience. We tend to go fairly light. Our kids aren’t too into the dark stuff, well at least not DD22. We have also loved “Raised by Wolves” on Acorn (British homeschooling hilarious comedy) and we enjoyed “Motherland” (the British comedy series with Diane Morgan and Anna Maxwell Martin).

1 Like

Really like Dickinson though it was quirky. Hailee Steinfeld is ridiculously talented. Love her in The Edge of 17. Anna Baryshnikov (Mikhail and Jessica Lange’s daughter) is a great comic actress.

I’ve been binge watching The good Place. It’s so enjoyable! The episodes just fly by, too.

6 Likes

If I watch the same Austin City Live concert repeatedly, does that qualify as binge watching a TV show ?

3 Likes

Also bingewatching The Good Place–wasn’t sure at first, but now I absolutely adore it! A little over halfway through, and already know I am going to be sad when I finish it.

Like Schitts Creek, it’s about people trying to be better–both shows have made me feel better about people. :slight_smile:

Plus, both are hilarious!

6 Likes

Community is such an amazing show, super funny and has really good characters. Just like The Good Place, the ending was so hard to watch because you just don’t want the show to end.

Cobra Kai is also cool. The fight choreography is really good, and you don’t need to have prior knowledge about the Karate Kid series.

I recorded the 4 episodes of My Grandparents’ War when they aired on PBS a month+ ago. I have watched 3 of them in the last week or so: Helena Bonham Carter, Mark Rylance & Kristin Scott Thomas. Still have Carey Mulligan’s story to finish the series. Each has been lovely and moving. I think they can be accessed by PBS Passport for those who have it, but they are also evidently available on Amazon (not sure if they are free). Highly recommend if you are a history lover.

1 Like

We have started watching Foyle’s War from the early 2000’s. We are enjoying it very much.

5 Likes

Another vote for “Mare of Easttowne”. Last night’s episode was very compelling. Kate Winslet plays so differently than she did in her acting roles when younger (Titanic, Sense and Sensiblity).

3 Likes

Has anyone watched Startup on Netflix? We are in the middle of season one, and it’s an edge of your seat ride. Very intense. The first couple episodes had too many sex scenes for our liking, but the plot is interesting and the acting is good.

2 Likes

I watched all three seasons and clearly a 4th is planned because there was no resolution at the end. I found it tiring after season 2 but stuck with it anyway.

I actually found The Good Place easier to watch NOT on a weekly basis but to let episodes accumulate and then watch so you could watch them more closely together. I also repeated some episodes - the concepts and references were sometimes so clever - and important - that I needed more than one viewing to grasp them all.

1 Like

Had a similar experience when I introduced my son (years ago!) to the Back to the Future trilogy. Watching them one after the other, as opposed to years apart as they were released, there were so many connections between the 3 films that I hadn’t noticed the first time around.

2 Likes