Binge watched tv shows

Riffing off of that, it wasn’t till I was re-watching the wonderful film , Educating Rita, that I realized Rita was none other than Mrs. Weasley(Julie Walters).

2 Likes

We started watching iZombie recently. It reminds me very much in tone of a show that I really enjoyed many years ago, Reaper. It’s pretty silly overall, really, but we are finding it fun for a Halloween month binge.

Me too. Possible spoiler below -

;

;
;
;

;
;
;
;
;
;

Someone needs/deserves a new boyfriend.

3 Likes

@2VU0609 , I think I know exactly what you’re thinking!!! Let’s see is we’re right as the season progresses!

2 Likes

The show gets a lot more interesting and less silly as it goes along. It veers ( well in my opinion) into political issues ( by analogy) which I found fascinating.

1 Like

Wow, I just finished the first season of The Morning Show. It was not at all what I thought it would be like in the very best way! The last couple of episodes blew me away!

1 Like

I’m watching a lot of Brit shows and the guy in Call of Duty, the bent cop that walked with a cane, has been in two other shows I’ve recently binged. I quite like his character in Striking Out.

Hastings was in another show where his daughter suspected him of killing her mother. I hated his character in that show.

Jimmy Perez’s stepdaughter’s father in Shetland has been in several other shows I’ve watched.

Finally, in River, his partner also starred in another good show. I liked River a lot although it was very melancholy.

They actually are all running together in my head, otherwise, I’d note the names of the actors and the shows, but a simple google search will give you the info if interested.

1 Like

I have watched many British crime dramas/police detective shows, too. Have you seen Grace? A crime drama from the book series Roy Grace. I like it.

I have not seen people here talk much about a very good Canadian crime drama called Cardinal and the Australian one called Harrow. I enjoyed both.

1 Like

I’ll put those on my list. Thank you!

@LeastComplicated so many of the actors in Line of Duty have been in other shows. Even the stepfather (actor Mark Bonnar) from Shetland is in Line of Duty for a couple of episodes. I watch a lot of UK/Irish shows on Acorn so feel like I’ve always seen the main/supporting actors in other shows. The Irish series you saw Hastings (Adrian Dunbar) in is called Blood - I couldn’t stand him in that series and ended up bailing on the series after the first season.

I’m currently finishing up The Indian Doctor. The main character, Prem was also in Unforgotten, one of my favorite series. Another main supporting character, Megan, is in the detective series Hinterland, which I also enjoyed. It is set in Wales.

One British detective series I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned but I liked is No Offence. One of the main characters from that show, actor Will Mellor, also makes an appearance in several episodes of Line of Duty.

2 Likes

Mark Bonnar (Shetland) also recently starred in Guilt, which ran on Masterpiece last month.

Line of Duty is like a Who’s Who of British TV :slight_smile:
Horrible Technocrat DCS Carmichael in Line of Duty (Anna Maxwell Martin) is in many other things too! Recently she’s been in Hollington Drive (and was also in a comedy I didn’t like).
Martin Compton is on Vigil (a story that seems a mix between Trident issues and the Bugaled Breizh disaster?).
Max Bonnar from Shetland was indeed a DCC on Line of Duty, he was also on Grantchester and a main character in Unforgotten season 3, and he’s been headlining his own show (Guilt, 2nd season starting about now).
Will look for The Indian Doctor!

1 Like

Season 2 of Indian Doctor will make your hair stand on end----its premise is a smallpox outbreak in the 1960’s, and I’ll leave it at that.

2 Likes

Oh, you would have really hated him if you’d stuck with it!

I did watch Hinterland and I enjoyed it. Along with another series set in Wales with much of the dialogue in Welsh.

I’ll look up the Indian Doctor. Thank you!

I just finished watching this! I thought it was really cute and refreshingly realistic. Kinda devastated by the ending, though, and I’m ready for season 2.

I highly recommend the Queen’s Gambit, the Crown, Schitt’s Creek, and Merlin :star_struck:

3 Likes

I really enjoyed how Hinterland circled back around to the plotline of the first episode and wrapped up all the loose ends.

2 Likes

We really enjoyed your first 3 recommendations, so I’ve added Merlin to my Watchlist app

1 Like

It’s a bit different than the others and not everyone’s cup of tea - try the first episode and see how you like it, it’s a lot like Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings but in TV show format

I enjoyed the first few seasons (especially the Arthur/Merlin bromance), but I feel like it went off the rails by the start of season 4 and never really recovered. Morgana in particular seemed poorly written, and Supergirl has made better use of Katie McGrath’s acting chops, IMO.

2 Likes