Binge watched tv shows

I started watching Hanna a while back. Just picked it up again with season 2. It’s very good.

1 Like

Just finished S1 of Discovery of Witches as it is free on Amazon Prime until the end of the month. Was excited to start S2 but realized only S1 was free. Don’t need another streaming service to pay for, we already subscribe to too many as it is. But Lindsay Duncan from Rome was in it!

I would be interested in reading what all of you think about “As We See It” on Amazon Prime.

I loved everything about it. Binged the entire series in one day.

1 Like

I’ve watched it at least twice over the years!

I second this! We really liked Scott and Bailey. The right balance of copper and personal lives of the characters.

1 Like

I’m two episodes in and about to watch the 3rd. (As We See It). So far I really like it. I’m taken with Jack. <3 . I hope since it’s a new series though that nothing gets spoiled here - or spoilers are given warnings. I’m not a binger!

Wondering if there was something you didn’t like about it?

@abasket, thanks for asking! I watched 3.5 episodes last night; will probably watch another one or two tonight.

I am especially interested in hearing from parents of young adult children who are not neurotypical. As a psychotherapist I happen to have several clients with older teenage sons with autism and I’d like to be able to recommend it.

I was going to comment that while I am enjoying the show and have some knowledge of younger children on the spectrum I do not have a firm grasp on young adults - so myself I wondered how well behaviors and techniques were being displayed on the show. I’m not doubting it, I just don’t know!

1 Like

Another show I’m really liking is Single Drunk Female on Hulu. There are two episodes on there now and then I think one will drop each week.

We started watching Nashville on Hulu a little before the holidays. The first few seasons were very enjoyable - I am on the last one now and just trying to get through it. Can’t believe how crazy some of the plots being used in this season are. Loved the music in the earlier seasons.

We watched the first two episodes of the new season Friday night. I have to admit, it had been so long that there were some things I just didn’t remember.

One of the Christmas gifts from our DD was a PBS Passport membership. We’re watching The Indian Doctor and enjoying it. Season 2 was especially interesting.

2 Likes

Netflix has recaps for each of first 3 seasons. But each is only 2 minutes long so just a very high level summary. We ended up watching the last 2 episodes of season 3 before we started on season 4. Was helpful to get back at least into swing of things and once we saw some things in the last 2 of season three, memories were triggered of other things that happened earlier in the show. Probably would be best to re-watch all of the episodes but tough to find time for that. So far we like season 4.

1 Like

I watched Nashville faithfully the first few seasons. I am familiar with the Nashville community & the creator of the show is originally from my hometown. Some friends and I attended a Nashville Public Library event a few years ago where she was moderator and connected with her based on that fact at the time. I didn’t tell her that we had met at a party in high school (same age) because she would not have been likely to remember that. Anyway, I agree that the show lost some of its edge after original creator stepped away and a prominent character did as well. I rarely give up a show where I have followed for so long, but it just went too far sideways for me. I did know that it had its finale and read a recap of last episode so I knew how it ended. Saved me lots of time.

1 Like

Tempted to look up a few details I could not remember. But, was worried it might give spoilers. Watched the recap.

Just watched the Alpinist, a one off documentary, about Andre Marc Leclerc, a freestyle mountain climber. It was excellent, and hit home to me because I had visited and worked in a couple of the towns mentioned. I think the parts about his ADHD, and troubles with conventional schooling, would be interesting to CC folks.

3 Likes

I am the parent of a young adult daughter on the autism spectrum, and I am interested in watching the show, although also somewhat reluctant. My daughter is 23 and graduated from college in 2020, but hasn’t found her footing since and is living with us for the time being until she finds a job. So a show about three independent, young neurodiverse adults might be a bit hard to watch right now. If I do watch it I’ll let you know what I think. Since many shows focus on boys/men with autism I will be interested to see how the young woman is depicted. One thing I did like hearing about the show is that they cast neurodiverse actors in the roles, unlike in other shows with autistic characters, like The Good Doctor or Atypical.

6 Likes

The Alpinist was amazing in so many ways. You don’t need to be a hiker or climber to find it engaging.

1 Like

The female in the trio is quite a strong personality.