Binge watched tv shows

Yes she is, but not at all successful in a conventional way.

BTW, his GF, Brette Harrington, is also quite the climber, and has had a short film made about her.

2 Likes

Astounding talented climber, saw the movie last night, views were breathtaking. Interesting documentary 

2 Likes

I loved Nashville, but earlier seasons were better. Watch through the last episode. I enjoyed the very end.

I am very close. Finding it difficult but I am two episodes away from the end. Hoping to finish Nashville tonight! And then the challenge of finding another show that both of us can binge on!

1 Like

Yep, I didn’t recall all the details about Ben’s character.

I saw that the next seven episodes will come out “later in 2022.” Another wait

To be expected with the Olympics

I watched and really liked As We See It. Reminded me some of Parenthood since it’s from the same creator/writer. Similar type of storylines and characters. I haven’t seen his other shows so I can’t compare to those. Made me think a lot about what’s “normal” and also about never really knowing the challenges other people are going through. I have 2 long-time colleagues who I believe/know are on the autism spectrum and have had some frustrations with them over the years, but also developed an appreciation of them (each individually - don’t mean to sound like I’m lumping them together). This show made me look at all that in a new light.

1 Like

I’m on my last episode and sad to have the first season end!!!

1 Like

I just started The Woman in the House Across the Street From the Girl in the Window–only first episode so far. Looks intriguing. Does the spoofing well, hard to tell when it’s serious and when it’s
not so much. Also, I love seeing Kristen Bell again after liking her so much in The Good Place.

And looking forward to Season 2 of Raising Dion when I get the chance.

2 Likes

I am loving Scott and Bailey right now although one of the main characters is frustrating me in season four I think.

1 Like

57special and coffeeat3 - I posted about The Alpinist on the movie thread - agree with you 100% - such an incredibly interesting documentary. And so touching! Also inspiring in terms of following one’s dreams (cliched - but illustrated so vividly)

1 Like

my husband thinks it is so funny to call the show by different names, as we both keep forgetting the title when we go to find Scott and Bailey. Some of his more creative ones: Banger and Mash, Bubble and Squeak, Laverne and Shirley, Fish and chips and Gin and Tonic - not sure why we are having such a hard time remembering. Tonight’s was Scott Baio - that one might stick :rofl:

2 Likes

I remember the name because it always reminds me of a teen drama back in the day called Party of Five in which Scott Wolf played the character of Bailey Salinger.

3 Likes

back in your day is younger than ours :rofl:

1 Like

I actually had to walk out of the room for the final few minutes. My wife found it inspiring, and I found him amazing, but 
well, I don’t want to spoil things. We both found it wonderful how he was so down to earth, and very gentle playing with the child and dog down in Patagonia.

I used to work in Squamish, and hiked in that area. Just the hiking is very challenging, nvm the crazy stuff he was doing.

Liking As We See It
done well I think.

3 Likes

57special - so cool that you used to work in Squamish! That’s a whole area and culture that I was unfamiliar with - so fascinating to learn about it.

I have a family member who climbs and it makes my hands sweat to look at the pix he posts. I also have a significant fear of heights that I’ve been working to overcome - maybe that’s a big appeal of The Alpinist. Just - how does he do all that???

I finished As We See It last night. 8 episode season. Highly recommend. Adore the cast.

3 Likes

My daughter had a similar job. The hardest part was learning to have boundaries when the work made her love the clients, difficult as they were (and actually sometimes violent, that is a reality).