Binge watched tv shows

I am about halfway through it. I am enjoying it, though finding it more of a downer than I expected it to be (just assume that anything with Amy S. is going to be pure comedy).

We watched an old movie (2007) Before The Devil Knows You are Dead with Philip Seymour Hoffman, Albert Finney, Ethan Hawke, and Marisa Tomei. Highly recommend it. Be warnedā€“thereā€™s violence.

The tenth season of Call the Midwife was just released on Netflix. Iā€™m a happy girl.

7 Likes

W and I were big Expanse fans. she was intrigued by the Science, me by the characters, which, unlike many SF shows, were not made out of cardboard. Also enjoyed the humour.
Couldnā€™t watch Babylon 5, FWIW.

Bridgerton season 2 starts today on Netflix.

1 Like

Just finished the first episode. :+1:

2 Likes

Last night we finished ā€œPieces of Herā€ (Netflix, 8 episodes). It was good. It did not capture us as much some of the other short series (The Queenā€™s Gambit, Lupin), but it kept us interested and guessing.

We are currently watching ā€œRitaā€ on Netflix and really enjoying it. Danish with subtitles, so it must be good because my DH doesnā€™t do subtitles :smile:

6 Likes

Ahhhhhhhh, love Rita, and the Australian show, Offspring, brings back good memories,

6 Likes

Offspring! Sorry, I am still upset over what happened in Season 4 and didnā€™t particularly like Seasons 5 or 6 or any of the new characters they introduced. Really loved the show and wished it hadnā€™t overstayed its welcome.

2 Likes

So far, really enjoy ā€˜Pachinkoā€™ on Appletv. Korea is putting out some very interesting drama.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll admit it, Iā€™m enjoying ā€œIs It Cake?ā€ on Netflix. Just the right amount of mindlessness and ridiculousness.

1 Like

I just finished Episode 3. I really like it.

Bridgerton was so much fun after all the gloomy stuff we have been watching.

2 Likes

Between Bridgerton and The Gilded Age, I have spent the last couple of days whirling around several ballrooms. So entertaining to be back in the Regency romance genre.

8 Likes

i thought the sets and dances on bridgerton were really quite stunning. well done to them on that!

4 Likes

I loved Rita!

1 Like

Month paid for Britbox - What should we binge ? Finished Shetland and Line of Duty.

Just started Traces - no opinion yet. Ideas appreciated. Thank you.

2 Likes

Veraā€”takes place in Northumberland, near the Scottish border. Such great stories.

2 Likes

Is it cake? Really liked it-lots of fun! A talent I did not know existed.

1 Like