Binge watched tv shows

Vera. Also, they have a huge Agatha Christie catalog, if you enjoy her. I have to go back and see what else I’ve watched this past year.

2 Likes

Bay, the original, and Scott and Bailey, River, DCI Banks

3 Likes

We loved Scott and Bailey :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sure NYC’ers are used to this but my sister in law sent me pictures yesterday as she walked by the Grammercy Park area and Maisel was filming the final season! So fun to see the street lined up with cars from 1960 and cast hanging out with early 60’s clothing - but wearing masks!!

11 Likes

@abasket - when my D was in college in NYC in 2010 I would get pictures from her all the time of Gossip Girl since it filmed in the area where she lived.

3 Likes

“Defending Jacob” Still early, but enjoying it. One big flaw is, it is very unrealistic that a father wouldn’t ask his son a lot more questions immediately, particularly when it is his occupation.

2 Likes

Starting last season of Bosch. It feels ominous. J Edgar is crashing and burning personally and professionally. The Chief appears to be losing politically, LT might quit in disgust, and Hollywood Homicide will finally be shut down.

Anyone watching The Thing About Pam? It’s not my usual type of show and I know nothing about the actual case - but I can’t look away.

1 Like

We just finished the season of Bosch. I’m not saying anything! (But I did think it was a pretty good season.)

3 Likes

I watch all the Datelines (20/20, 48hrs) type shows and remember this one. I love this one and think Renee Zelleweger is great. I laugh every time she slurps from that big cup. I’m sure the DA, the original judge, and the police are fuming at how they are being portrayed.

1 Like

Has anyone watched C.B. Strike?

It is on HBO Max. It is a British detective show based on the novels written by Robert Galbraith aka JKRowling.

We enjoy it. Good acting and good storyline.

7 Likes

Love, love, love C.B. Strike.

If you have Apple+, the new show, Slow House, is also so good. Gary Oldman, Kristin Scott Thomas. Kind of a spy thriller, kind of a low-key comedy. A lot of good intrigue and compelling characters.

5 Likes

I was just coming to this thread to recommend Slow Horses, too! (It’s not Slow House). Really great performance by Gary Oldman and the humor is just right. Here’s the trailer -

4 Likes

Really wanna see Slough House. The books by Mick Herron are great and the trailer looks like they captured it just right. Love Gary Oldman.

Just binged Love Me on Hulu. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Well, I bungled that name, but yes, great show.

All the auto-corrects/typos are funny!

Slow House
Slough House
Ooohhh! Slow Horses!

:rofl:

2 Likes

It’s really not a bad autocorrect because there are books in the series titled both Slough House and Slow Horses.

2 Likes

Just popping in to say the wife and I are thoroughly enjoying Doc Martin (British comedy about a cranky top surgeon relegated to small town doc). We watch it free on the Roku Channel and the commercials seem pretty minimal for ad supported. Not sure how we missed it originally. Thanks for the recommendation.

3 Likes

I love Doc Martin. The only downside is they only film every other year, so once you are caught up, you wait quite a stretch for new content.

2 Likes