Binge watched tv shows

its not binge watching - because shows are dropping once a week. but - we are thoroughly enjoying HBO’s Winning Time: the rise of the laker’s dynasty. It’s good!! MA rated; but good

All of the old Netflix marvel shows (daredevil, punisher, Jessica Jones) are now on Disney plus as long as you have your profile set to mature. We’ve been rewatching Punisher. It’s like watching old friends. Those were so much better than the Disney ones.

We have a lot of streaming services but not Apple TV!! At the time, I was not aware, I could get a free one year subscription of Apple TV when I bought a new iPad a year ago.

If I were to get Apple TV, I would watch Ted Lasso first.

2 Likes

I think you can get 4 months free through Target Circle.

1 Like

We’ve turned my brother-in-law onto Jessica Jones. I think it’s the best of the Marvel shows, though I have not actually seen that many because I have a low tolerance for superheroes.

Loved Daredevil. I binged it earlier this year. And I was excited to see Vincent D’Onofrio reprise his Kingpin role on Hawkeye.

I might need to add the other 2 to the queue.

You can get one (not a year, I think 3 months) by buying ANYTHING Apple. My friend had a medical emergency and sent me to Best Buy to buy 2 charging cords and the plug things. All together it was about $65, but I think each of the 4 items came with a code to get Apple TV on the receipt.

2 Likes

I’ve watched Heartland through until this most recent season on Netflix, season 14. There’s a part in the first episode near the end that already has me bawling. :sob:

Has anyone watched? It’s a great family-friendly series. Also, the scenery is gorgeous and calming.

2 Likes

It’s a weekly NBC show but I love “The Thing About Pam”. Renee Zellweger blows it out of the water. She should win an Emmy for this.

2 Likes

I know a lot of you have watched it for years, but I just started Call the Midwife and I’m smitten! probably won’t watch with H (years of working in ERs make him not so interested in medical settings) so it will be slow progress through, but definitely enjoying it.

8 Likes

Oh I love that show to death!!! I just finished binging the first 10 seasons – sometimes watching two episodes a day. My favorite episode ever was Season 1, Episode 2. That’s what hooked me.

4 Likes

I’ve only done three. But yes, I was uncertain after one, but the second one hooked me in.

2 Likes

Yay for Chummy!

6 Likes

What neat about Call the Midwife is that the cast changes over every couple of years but the show keeps up the quality of its plot lines. Nice how it is changing as the 50’s have become the 60’s, and attitudes, etc. change along with it.

Who is left from the original cast—Mother Superior, Sister Monica Joan, Trixie, and Sheelagh? Even Fred, I think, came along a bit later?

3 Likes

No, Fred was there from the start – maybe even the first episode. I remember Trixie introducing him to Jenny as their “handyman.”

You don’t mean Mother Superior – you mean Sister Julienne.

1 Like

Well, mother superior of Nonnatus House, not of the entire order!! She’s a boss, but not THE boss!!

1 Like

Hey, no spoilers! I had to stop reading. Please don’t start listing cast changes when I’m just starting to get to know them!

1 Like

Waiting patiently for Ozark Season 4 Part 2!! It starts April 29!

4 Likes

We just finished Severance (on Apple TV)…very interesting and very different. It takes its sweet time to develop both the storyline and the characters. I admit I kept saying to myself, “this is weird”. But the last episode was worth the time commitment in my opinion.

1 Like

Now that I’ve watched all the free (eg, Netflix) Call the Midwife episodes, I’m watching Emily in Paris. Adorable. Really enjoying it, although it’s totally fluffy.

5 Likes