Binge watched tv shows

Thanks for being vague. I haven’t seen the finale yet. Its not on anything I subscribe to so I have to watch when ABC releases it a week after airing.

Luckily, it has already been renewed for a second season. Enjoy the season finale!

1 Like

I binged all six episodes of Anatomy of a Scandal in one day. It was refreshing to see Michelle Dockery (Downton Abbey) in a different role. Fans of Homeland will recognize Rupert Friend; his character was essential yet one-dimensional. The pacing of the series is really what kept me engaged. I just had to know how the story ended!

Old Enough is adorable! I’m currently switching between it and The Parisian Agency (love the family dynamics).

2 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation for The Outlaws on Prime - we are happily watching and loving it.

5 Likes

Inventing Anna and The Tinder Swindler on Netflix were good.

Making my way through 15 seasons of Supernatural…

1 Like

One more episode to go. I call it the fun one. Great writing and acting.

1 Like

We are also enjoying The Outlaws. It’s one of our light hearted shows now (along with Ms Maisel and Call The Midwife).

In the more intense category, we are still working our way through the 21(?) seasons of Silent Witness. We finished the Severance season 1. It was ok, but too slow and mysterious for our tastes. The last few episodes were better, so we likely will watch season 2 when it comes out someday.

2 Likes

I have definitely enjoyed Sanditon (PBS). Started Season 2 after ambulatory surgery on my nose on Thursday. A great distraction!

4 Likes

We are late to the party but just finished binge watching Ted Lasso.

So good! So heartwarming!! Love it!

10 Likes

We finished Amazon Prime The Outlaws. Very light hearted and again excellent writing and acting. I just read that one of the main characters is from Bristol and is also a co- writer, director, producer. So cool.

4 Likes

I just finished The Outlaws also. Loved it! Supposedly renewed for a second season but it will be interesting to see where the story line goes.

4 Likes

We enjoyed The Outlaws, too.

Now we’re watching Killing Eve. Interesting, so far.

1 Like

Thanks for the referrals - also started The Outlaws! Engaging and well-done so far.

1 Like

We have had some good laughs with The Outlaws, even though some of the story is drama. Reminds me sometimes of the old Community series and sometimes has a bit of a Ted Lasso vibe.

4 Likes

From the Call the Midwife FB page:

Hello all!

WE’RE BACK!!!

We bring you this picture straight from the Nonnatus House set, where our team began filming again just a few hours ago on a brand new Christmas Special and Series 12 of Call the midwife! 🙌🙌🙌

This year Jenny Agutter (Sr Julienne) and Linda Bassett (Nurse Crane) were there to provide us with the traditional clapperboard shot that marks the beginning of the first scene of the new season 🙂

We also hope to bring you some exclusive festive sneak peeks from our Poplar Christmas set later this week…… so stay tuned! xxx

Call the midwife will return with a new Christmas Special and Series 12 in 2023 xx

7 Likes

Yay!!! I love CTM!!

Not liking Season 2 of Russian Doll as much as I did S1. Maybe the novelty wore off, but I think it’s more that I find myself not caring about, or liking the characters, which is always a kiss of death for me for any show or movie. I am only on E2. I’ll stick with it a bit longer, and hope it gets back on that unique wonderful track that was S1.

I haven’t started Season 2 of Russian Doll yet, but D2 has and she says it’s really good.

I really liked it, for what it’s worth. I understand thinking the lead character isn’t the most like-able. But I thought it was an interesting twist in approach from the first season’s Groundhog Day storyline. It seemed like a natural progression, both in the character issues to resolve and the requisite suspension of belief.

1 Like

I’ve watched the first two episodes of season 2 (after reading a recap of season 1) and enjoyed it. I think the charisma of the lead actress is a major part of my enjoyment.

1 Like