Binge watched tv shows

Bad vegan ugh bad people

Just finished Season 2 of Bridgerton (I know, Iā€™m late to the game). But I like Season 2 so much better than Season 1. Anthony and Kate were way more interesting than Daphne and the duke, both of whom I thought were kind of whiny. And I really like Eloise too. Does anyone else agree? Or am I in the minority? I did not read the books, so not sure if that matters.

4 Likes

I enjoyed season 2 of Bridgerton too! I thought the chaste restraint was very engaging (and a welcome change!). Eloise is interesting, although her repetitive gestures and dialogue became a little tediousā€¦(maybe that was the intent?)

Of the leads, I thought the younger sister was a very magnetic actress - the older one had a limited range - although the male leadā€™s acting skills elevated every scene!

2 Likes

I love Eloise. Theyā€™ve made her a bit more interesting than in the books in that they have her wandering around alone in a way that is most unlikely for that time period. But I figure this is such a fantasy world, Iā€™m willing to just roll with it.

3 Likes

It was interesting to read about Bridgerton being an AU - Alternative Universe. So anything odd, I just attribute to the AU.

We binge-watched Season 1 the last couple of weeks and are now in the middle of Season 2. Iā€™m surprised my husband likes it, but he tends to enjoy stories from that period of time. I like Eloise - I think I would have been like her!

2 Likes

For those who only like binge watching instead of watching each episode as itā€™s released, Pachinko (Apple TV+) concluded its first season run last night. I thought it was very well done, although not quite as good as the book.

This morning, it was renewed for a second season

8 Likes

Last night we finished Season 1 of Slow Horses (Apple TV+, first recommended here - Thanks!). My husband and I both liked it. It worked well for our method to do one (or two - ā€œmovie likeā€) episodes at a time, but often not on sequential nightsā€¦. a good thing, since there was staggered release.

We do have some cherished shows, like Call the Midwife and Marvelous Ms Maisel, that we like to meter out just a bit at a time. It works well for us, since there are not convoluted plot details to remember. Slow Horses works well for binge or semi-bingeā€¦ more possible now that all episodes released.

1 Like

@skieurope - thank you for reminding me about Pachinko. I loved the book and want to watch the show as soon as we get through some of the backlog of stuff we are watching.

1 Like

Does that mean the TV version 1st season doesnā€™t cover the entire book, or are they going beyond the book timeline?

The first season covered the book.

I think it will be like The Flight Attendant, where the first season is the book and the second season is a brand new plotline

1 Like

Well into season 2 of the Flight Attendant. Enjoy it, but Season 1 was better.

1 Like

Yeah, I have ro say that Iā€™m disappointed with the new season so far.

where is the flight attendant season 2 showing?

slow horses: watched the first two episodes. fell asleep; woke up in the early morning and watched the last two; it was still playing on the tv. should i go back and watch the ones i missed? I thought it was a bumbling spy show at first; but liked the last few episodes.

HBO Max

We were sad to finish Bridgerton last night. We watched both seasons in a couple of weeks. My husband said he thinks itā€™s his favorite show ever! I was glad to hear theyā€™ve already renewed it for two more seasons. :slight_smile:

Weā€™ll try Slow Horses next.

DH and I started watching Old Enough because we were looking for something short and entertaining to watch while eating lunch. This show fit the bill for us. Thanks for the recommendation!

I havenā€™t been to Japan yet (we were set to go for the Olympics, but Covid) and it makes me want to plan an extended tripā€¦(sigh) maybe in a year or two.

2 Likes

We have been watching the last epidsodes of Ozarks.
The new Bosch spinoff is supposed to drop this week. I am not normally a big TV watcher, but I think Bosch was the first thing we watched during COVID lockdown.

Yup. Bosch: Legacy premieres Friday with 4 episodes, and then 2 episodes weekly for the following 3 weeks.

Iā€™m also looking forward to season 2 of Hacks, premiering 5/12 on HBO Max. Jean Smart was brilliant in season 1.

3 Likes

I wonā€™t continue something I donā€™t like but if Iā€™m interested I will read about it online to find out how it ends

4 Likes

One day last week the radio morning trivia question was ā€œ15% of workers admit to skipping work to do thisā€ and the answer was ā€˜Binge watch showsā€™.

Are you guilty?