Binge watched tv shows

It’s not a slog for me, quite the opposite! But it’s intense and I apparently need breaks to absorb that!!!

Yes, I’m watching Parenthood too. Quite the opposite show. :slight_smile: I’m most of the way through season 3 I think. It’s an easy watch.

3 Likes

I finished it this weekend. Yet another brilliant series that I can’t believe I never watched before.

8 Likes

I actually could hear his Spanish accent in the first episode. I don’t think he was trying to hide it alt, just not wanting it to define him, so played it down.

Just started Industry based on a WSJ article I came across. HBO’s ‘Industry’ Season 2 Has a Message for Bosses: Beware the Junior Bankers - WSJ Other than the excessive sex, drugs and rock and roll (seems more 80’s than now), recommended it to my wife to give her an idea of what my son is doing in sales and trading.

1 Like

I’d watched Outlaws on Amazon Prime season 1 and thought it was pretty good. Two episodes into Season 2 and it seems to have gone off course. I’d wondered how they would continue the story and now I’m thinking they weren’t sure either.

Halfway through Uncoupled and loving it. Smart writing and Doogie Howser is as adorable as ever.

2 Likes

We’re watching “This Is Going To Hurt”. It’s a British hospital drama about a young OBGYN. Pretty intense but funny at times.

2 Likes

Ha I just bought that book. It’s sitting next to me on my car. Didn’t know it was a series.

It’s on SundanceNow

I finished Uncoupled and really enjoyed it. H and I started The Terminal List last night. Has anyone watched Black Bird? Someone recommended it to me and I wondered if others had seen it.

@showmom858, I watched Black Bird and would recommend it, especially as a fan of true crime. It’s pretty intense and disturbing, but the acting is excellent.

1 Like

Well we did not have to wait a year; “only” 9 months. Season 7 premiered last night on BBC One. I was a bit disappointed that they wrapped up the cliffhangers in about the first 3 minutes.

1 Like

Got an email from Britbox today announcing that the new season of Shetland would start streaming next month.

5 Likes

To me, it was so long ago and so many TV shows since I saw the last season’s Shetland, I can’t recall what the cliff hanger was!!

2 Likes

it’s been 9 months???!!! :upside_down_face:
I’ll catch up soon :slight_smile: , thanks ski!!!

I have been taking care of my health on doctor’s orders and haven’t been home so I haven’t watched any TV in several weeks.

I did watch Paper Girls on Prime because I liked the comic. in 1988, 12 year old girls are the first to be paper girls in their Cleveland suburb; during Erin’s first route on Nov 1, they’re harassed by older teens and end up in a house as the sky turns pink. Each girl is well-defined, realistically 12, and (despite a few F words) it’s much more kid-friendly , or at least, less gory/icky, than Stranger things. It may not be at the same level as ST but I had a very good time.

The Bear and Only Murders in the Building are on my list, as well as the baseball girls remake, I’d enjoyed the film it’s based on and, being several hours, the show can dig into various issues the film couldn’t bc of time limits and or the era, so it sounds good.

Just started watching McDonald and Dodds on Britbox. 90 minute episodes, 2 eps in S1, 3 eps in S2, and S3 has one episode released so far, expecting two more.

Takes place in Bath. McDonald is kind of a know-it-all detective inspector from London who is partnered up with a close-to-retirement detective sergeant whose been behind a desk for 10 years. She (McDonald) often overlooks what Dodds can contribute to the investigations, as she is always on her tablet while he does research in the library(!). A bit of a Columbo vibe, as some suspects underestimate Dodds and let down their guard around him. Slowly, McDonald is coming to appreciate what an “old guy” like Dodds can contribute.

6 Likes

My husband likes McDonald and Dodds more than I do. I can’t say for sure what I don’t like about it.

For lighter crime drama with some humor, we both enjoy the New Zealand one called The Brokenwood Mysteries. We call it New Zealand’s Midsomer Murders.

1 Like

I was between series and decided to rewatch the original The Walking Dead series, which was one of the first ones that I streamed. TWD premiered way back in 2010 and it has been many years since I watched the early seasons. What has stood out to me is how much better the show was back then. The plot lines are fresh, interesting and keep you on the edge of your seat (even though I know how they turn out). I know and care about all of the characters, anyone of whom might get killed off in any episode. I still watch the series, more out of a sense of obligation than anything else, and will see it through to the end, but it’s nowhere near as good as it used to be. They probably should have pulled the plug after Season 5 or 6.

Anyone watch “The Rehearsal” on HBO? It’s really different. I liked? it. Not too sure about the ethics in some situations but that’s what makes it good for discussion.

My son recommended it to me. I haven’t watched it yet.