Binge watched tv shows

Yes. It was great. I’ve posted here.

Watching Bad Sisters right now. One episode about every other day. Otherwise, too much to watch. There is definitely a character you love to hate in this. It reminds me of the movie I Love you to Death.

2 Likes

I finished Last Tango in Halifax last night and enjoyed it. A couple of weeks ago I complained that Nicola Walker was in another broody role, but I like how her character’s relationship with Sarah Lancashire‘s character developed.

Speaking of broody, I’m really tired of broody male detective series. Just watched two, one with with Kenneth Branaugh and the other with Bill Pullman as tortured souls and I’m tired of unhappy men. If anyone has any recommendations for British crime/ mystery series that are not comedies, but do have some humor in them, please let me know. I’ve seen McDonald and Dodds and Scott and Bailey and enjoyed them, so something along those lines. I’ve watched many of the popular series in that genre, so perhaps some that are a little less well known, but still worth watching.

2 Likes

I’m watching a few shows concurrently.

Fleishman is In Trouble and Chippendales. It is rare for me to actually watch a show (let alone more than one) as it is being released in real time. I forgot how annoying it is to wait a week for a new episode.

Just started Kindred (on FX and Hulu) last night. I never read the book, so I have no idea where the story is going. First episode sucked me right in.

Also watched the first couple of episodes of Reboot. Not sure I’m going to stick with it.

I no longer will even watch shows released weekly on that sort of schedule. I wait til it’s done. I am a binger and the drip, drip, drip of weekly episodes drives me bonkers.

5 Likes

Bad Sisters is actually a reboot of a Belgian series I believe.

@LeastComplicated, Have you watched “Slow Horses”? It’s great and does have humor. It’s spies rather than detectives. Superb acting from Gary Oldman.

6 Likes

I’d forgotten they filmed Kindred. It’s a very good book, but not exactly a fun read.

Another vote for Slow Horses.

4 Likes

not sure if you’ve seen Endeavor - but i throughly enjoyed this series. Have you seen it? I do like British procedurals.

4 Likes

Same.

me too.

No I haven’t seen it. I’ll check it out tonight!

1 Like

We like Endeavor. Slow Horses is OK, but I don’t like it as well as hubby does.

Regarding Reboot - maybe not Emmy-worthy must-see tv, but I enjoyed it. There are only 8 episodes. (Although I totally get it if other things you want to watch push it to the bottom of your list.) I especially got a laugh out of a scene in one of the later episodes where

Not really a spoiler but if you are still watching you might want to go in fresh

Kegan Michael-Key’s character interacted with a basketball team made up of bar mitzva students.

1 Like

The first season of Slow Horses was very good, the second season not so much; I could not watch beyond the first episode

Tv show SNL Saturday with Lizzo. I thought the song set was odd until I read she was recreating Annie Lee’s Blue Monday painting. Not sure I could add the reference photo here. I read the background of Annie Lee’s life and it is an interesting one.

H and I started watching Big Sky. My H reads CJ Box–the series is loosely based on his books. So far, we’ve enjoyed Season 1 but think Season 2 doesn’t measure up. We’re only part way through it, so it might change. Has anyone watched it? Your views?

@maya54, we just finished the first season of Wednesday. The latest take on the Addams Family, with a lens on the daughter Wednesday. We loved it. Very funny. Jenna Ortega, the actress who plays Wednesday, was just spectacular. Apparently, it is the second most streamed show after Squid Games (over one billion hours streamed) and her dance in the final episode of Season 1, which was wonderfully quirky, has gone viral.

2 Likes

I adored Wednesday Adams. It is one of my favorite series in recent memory. My mom clued us into it because she knows H is a huge Tim Burton fan. I sort of see it as a cross between nightmare before Christmas and Harry Potter.

I loved Wednesday. She was perfect. But Thing!!! Thing is the best!

1 Like

We normally don’t care for Burton films, but we are enjoying Wednesday.