Binge watched tv shows

I watched The West Wing for the first time a year or so ago. I couldn’t believe how all the politcs seemed just as timely!

6 Likes

We just loved West Wing. Actually bought season DVDs to watch with the tee kids one summer. The writing is just so good. I once heard an interview with the actors, and they said they learned quickly to stick with the script. Ad lib dialog was never as good as the script.

2 Likes

I saw the first few seasons in the past. Was so annoyed when it apparently left Netflix just when I finally got it!

The writing is amazing! I want to take notes when I watch it.

1 Like

We just finished the 6 show season of Magpie Murders, a BBC adaptation of the novel by Anthony Horowitz, who is a very good writer. Really enjoyed it. On Amazon Prime. Needed to subscribe to PBS Masterpiece for the month.

2 Likes

not yet! it’s on my list. :slight_smile: Thanks!

Made it through another season of the ultra-cheesy Emily In Paris. :cheese:

Why do I watch? It’s like a cheesy Hallmark movie with risque language, occasional situations and is so visually appealing to see the Paris scenes (did you know it nearly ALWAYS is perfect weather temp and pleasant in Paris? :wink: ) and the over the top ensembles by some of the lead females.

10 Likes

We finished The Recruit last night and liked it a lot. Started the new season of Emily in Paris which is just the fluff that I needed!

2 Likes

We started Emily last night, too. Makes me happy we’ll be in Paris this summer. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We’re about halfway through. Yep, cheesy, ridiculous plotting, etc. But the Paris scenes alone make it worthwhile, the clothes are fascinating (and I am NOT a fashionista in the slightest) and playing “guess the next plot twist and plot solution” is fun. I’m probably rooting for the wrong guy, but c’est la vie. (But don’t spoil if you have info!)

4 Likes

We watched the third season of Emily in Paris over the break, with the kids. Was a fun watch - ridiculous at times but fluffy and fun. I liked this season more than season 2 - somehow couldn’t get through season 2.

We started watching Jack Ryan on Prime. Got through the first season in two days - again, some of this is ridiculous, but it is a good, gripping watch. H stayed awake which in my book makes it a winner :). We are onto the second season now - this one is not as good thus far.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it was discussed here because it apparently first aired on HBO Max in March, but I just finished Our Flag Means Death and really enjoyed it (covering my eyes at the relatively few violent parts).

4 Likes

Never would I have ever thought I’d like this show! LOL. But…Paris. That won me over, really, plus she is utterly charming.

3 Likes

H and I also enjoyed Emily in Paris. Sometimes a bit of “fluff” is just fine – especially with the backdrop of Paris.

2 Likes

It’ll be strange seeing her again in Happy Valley, after just watching her posh character in Last Tango in Halifax. She was very good in that role!

2 Likes

Okay just finished EiP. Ugh to that ending. Not how I wanted it to go.

Given you screen name, it is only fitting that you liked Wednesday. Is Astrid in French with subtitles?

Yep.

Yes! Two episodes from the end and husband goes out of town so I need to wait to find out what happened!

Just watched “ The Playlist “ Netflix series about the history of Spotify, told through each main characters point of view- coder, lawyer, Sony exec, guy with main ideas investor.
The first episode the weakest ……but then it soars,

Oh, and to avoid subtitles click on English option.

Still baffled by that very last scene ……

Finished Derry Girls last night. I can’t say exactly why or even describe what is so fabulous about this series but gosh, I think I have to put it in a top 10 something on tv list. I was crying, cheering and laughing all at the same time the last couple of episodes. I’m telling my kids it’s a must watch.

9 Likes