Binge watched tv shows

I liked Reservation Dogs but in small doses - what struck me most is how it is universal (teenagers in a rural area) and how specific it is, too (Indigenous culture). It also helps if you read what Native Americans have to say because some of the humor is cultural. It seems crazy that there was no legit representation for Native American and indigenous teens on US TV till the 2020s though.

1 Like

Due to all the thumbs up here, I started Slow Horses. I am intrigued so far but will finish the 1st season before I give an opinion.

Am still watching Happy Valley on BBC as it airs, because, WOW.
In fact I would binge watch it all if I could* but they only release 1 episode a week. :frowning:
If you’ve not seen it, you can binge watch Season1&2 before Season 3 comes to AMC. Lots of plots but they’re all very clearly delineated.
*For “Strike”, after the 1st episode was broadcast, you could watch it all on iPlayer, which I did over 2 days (it’s 4 1 hour episodes).

1 Like

Loved Slow Horses—explaining Norway to a dog!

Then binged on Bad Sisters. Completely different kind of show.

Gotta check out Happy Valley while I am on this Brit kick.

1 Like

i’ll try slow horses soon. Just finished Bad sisters. At first i thought it was a dark comedy; but it really just turned into a dark show without comedy. but . . . i’d give it a thumbs up I suppose.

1 Like

Really? I thought it was hilarious!

1 Like

Finished all three seasons of Jack Ryan. First season was the best IMO. Have to figure out what to binge next.

2 Likes

Amyone watch Ginny & Georgia? (Netflix)

2 Likes

Yes, for a while. There were aspects that we liked, and we may go back to it someday. If memory serves me correctly, it was too heavy on the teen sex exploits for us.

1 Like

Just finished Wednesday–huge fun! Can’t wait for Season Two!

7 Likes

Just saw where the Detectorists new stand-lone extended episode (~75 minutes) has dropped on British TV (not sure of the network) and will be available at some point on Acorn TV.

3 Likes

I finished up Season 1 of The Recruit last night.

As the season progressed, I felt the storyline got much better. Though I realize, character arcs have to start somewhere.

I wish, like Jack Ryan, each season’s storyline is done, not a big fan of cliffhangers. But I’ll be anticipating Season 2.

4 Likes

We did! I can’t really say much without spoiling. But I am not convinced that you can watch the episodes in any order. I feel like it would ruin some episodes to know what happened later on.

Basically it was a fun distracting unrealistic caper series.

Almost every day for the past week in the evening I watched one episode of Emily in Paris and then one episode of Wednesday. (I had Covid so it gave me something to look forward to in my evenings in isolation). It was an interesting combination. I’m moderate about both. Emily is about the clothes and scenery for me. I’m not excited about the cliffhanger but I’ll probably watch the next season anyway. Wednesday is not my usual type of show but I enjoyed the humorous parts and the violence/horror didn’t bother me much.

1 Like

I really did like Bad Sisters. It felt like a dark comedy to me.

6 Likes

Totally agree that The Recruit is highly unrealistic, lol. That’s what initially drew me in while hub was watching (“That’s not how it works in an organization like that! You’d need multilevel sign-offis” etc.). But the relatively well-done character development, humor, and interesting plots kept me watching!

3 Likes

i mean, i will give the show a thumbs up. I liked the ending. It’s just that the abuse and heartbreak he caused was real and i just lost the humor in that all. I hope i never meet someone like that IRL

1 Like

Late to game, but we just finished the first season of Ted Lasso. It’s incredibly funny, entertaining, and well-acted. Jason Sudeikis is very talented.

18 Likes

I’m not sure how to find the post you’re replying to
 would you mind stating what show you’re referring to? Thanks!

Kaleidoscope, I believe.

1 Like

@MYOS1634 yes it was Kaleidoscope I was referring to. Tip - if you are even unsure what someone’s referring to, click on the name in the post and it will pop up with the reference. So if you click on “firefly scout” in my post, it will reveal the series I was discussing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes