Binge watched tv shows

I loved Crash Landing On You! I have been trying to find another Korean show, but some end up being overly dramatic. I did manage to get through Business Proposal, and I liked that one.

I also liked Crash Course in Romance, romcom plus math!

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation. Dramady/romcom is really what we are looking for now. A friend recommended Extraordinary Attorney Woo but I think I may find it more irritating than fun. (I’ve only seen clips so far.)

We’ve been watching the new season of The Witcher. I love the main threesome, but I can’t figure out any of the plot other wise. We are beginning to wonder if it’s worth it.

I also had a friend recommend Extraordinary Attorney Wooemphasized text**, so I started episode 1 a week ago and quit about halfway through. I usually share the same taste as the recommending friend, but not sure I will go back.

I didn’t really care for Extraordinary Attonrey Woo either, although I usually enjoy a good law show

1 Like

I’m enjoying Full Circle on Max right now. The final 2 episodes will drop on 7/27. I always like Timothy Olyphant and Claire Danes.

Also watching Timothy on Hulu in Justified - City Primeval. His real daughter plays his daughter in the series.

Hijack on Apple+ is also good but it’s tough waiting for each new episode. I should have waited till they were all out and just binged, I guess. Idris Elba plays a corporate business negotiator on a hijacked plane.

I watched Quarterback on Netflix. I’m not a diehard football fan but I really enjoyed it. It’s a documentary series that covers 3 QBs - Patrick Mahomes, Kirk Cousins and Marcus Mariota. So interesting to see what their training is like and what it’s like behind the scenes in a game. I could have done without Mahomes’ F-bombs :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: and his inflated ego. Quite a contrast with the humble Cousins, whose strongest epithet was “Dang!” :angry:when he threw a bad pass. Their wives were very different, too. Brittany Mahomes was annoying and obnoxious. The other two wives were classy and unassuming.

This one takes a few episodes to get into her quirkiness. If you are into foreign language dramady period piece, The Story of Yanxi Palace is a good one on Prime. 70 episodes so it is an investment, but it’s not over so soon that you are searching after a week of binging.

1 Like

I liked it. I’d give it another try. It does take a bit longer to get used to it and for the other characters to develop.

1 Like

Just finished Tiny Beautiful Things on Hulu. It was a good drama. Moved onto Accused, also on Hulu (does anyone else binge on a particular streaming service for several shows and then move onto a different streaming service, binge a few shows, change services, rinse & repeat?? I’m saving The Bear for my airplane travels this week). Accused is a Fox show based on a BBC show. Each episode is a different case, opens in the court room or the jail cell. There is no connection between the episodes—completely different actors, so it’s easy to pick up and watch here and there. Great casts.

1 Like

The second season of The Beauty Queen of Jerusalem is out on Netflix. I really like it and it stars Michael Aloni (who played Akiva on Shtisel) who is so handsome! :wink:

1 Like

Fans of Justified–the sequel–Justified: Primeval is now on Hulu. Raylan is older and his daughter, who was born when the first series ended, is a surly teenager, who’s a challenge. Raylan is in Miami now, but in the first episode (I only watched this–didn’t binge last night) he’s in Detroit catching bad guys. There’s no Boyd Crowder or any of his partners from the US Marshall’s office in Harlan County. Raylan has some gray hair and a gray beard, but other than that, he doesn’t really look that much older. Not sure what I think of the sequel, but I’ve got 7 more episodes to go!

1 Like

Sorry Justified bingers - it’s actually airing weekly on FX then available on Hulu the next day, so at this point all you can binge is the first two. Also, fun fact, Raylan’s surly teenager is Olyphant’s real-life daughter.

Has anyone watched Never Have I Ever on Netflix?

It’s produced by Mindy Kahling. Story about a teen Indian-American girl and her family and friends.

It hooked me right away. I started last night and finished the first season today.

8 Likes

I really enjoyed it!

1 Like

Never have I ever -Just finished the last episode today. I really liked it!

3 Likes

One of my favorites!

1 Like

Never have I ever: good job considering that (based on thr show’s premise) they had to handle that entire 4th season about college applications. While I can’t imagine the HS college counselor wouldn’t have insisted on sth utterly logical in California (+ELC not being mentioned at any point for anyone), and Paxton’s situation seems a bit unrealistic despite his being an athlete, it was a satisfying ending.

2 Likes

Just finished Jury Duty, we accidentally watched the finale first, but folks here were right, it was still an enjoyable watch.

4 Likes

Season 2 of Lincoln Lawyer is here :wink: It’s a show my husband and I both liked. Drama, a bit of humor, lots of mystery
 but fairly easy to follow.

We decided to re-watch the last episode of Season 1 to get ready. We had forgotten a fair amount of plots, but that probably would not have been too big a deal since new storyline. The characters we mostly remembered.

6 Likes

Another good show comes to a conclusion. I’ll miss Jack Ryan, after finishing the Final Season last night.