Binge watched tv shows

We binged the second half of season 2 yesterday.

3 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

I binged the second half of Lincoln Lawyer too yesterday. I confess I watched season 1 before season 2, all over again. @Colorado_mom you made me feel better. My friend just went to get her memory tested but I am just letting it roll! I liked the endings of both. I knew there would be a twist but didn’t guess it

3 Likes

We started watching the last season of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, but then we followed the lead of some friends and went back to rewatch prior seasons. It’s been fun, but it takes a while since we watch many other things too.

2 Likes

Also finished Season 2 of The Lincoln Lawyer last night. I had already finished Jack Ryan and just finished Witcher a few days ago.

3 Likes

Watched the 1st half of Lincoln Lawyer season 2. I enjoy seeing how Mickey gets out of trouble Houdini style and the various clients he helps, the supporting cast is great.

Am on ep5 of Deadloch on Prime. Definitely an acquired taste but ultimately funny, sweet, weird, in the same way Schitt’s Creek started out then went on to become, but suspenseful&gruesome Schitt’s Creek rolled into Portlandia and Broadchurch. It starts as a Nordic Noir spoof except it takes place in Australia so South means cold and gray. More precisely in Tasmania and in a small Tasmanian town that (as a character helpfully explains) used to be all about “the sawmill and abalone fishing and getting pregnant” but has become “cool bc of the gays” -the town has refashioned itself as a sort of lesbian resort and is abuzz bc Winter “Feastival”, with cooking as performance art and the choir show featuring a song that apparently exists for real (by “Divinyl”), is about to start. It’s the set up so you can expect cultural clashes but not
 a naked man on the beach, found by 2 teens who puke on him. That’s just the intro.
Main characters: Dulcie, laced-up, efficient senior sergent (married to Cath, bubbly vet who overshares) and flown-in drunk detective Eddie, who is Roland but crasser and with a fouler mouth (at least in the red band version). Be warned, it takes a while for Eddie to become less obnoxious but by Ep 3-4 you have a great buddy comedy/serial killer show. Like Schitt’s Creek, you have to let it grow on you - by the end of Ep 4 you’ll likely be hooked. (Feel free to hate the obnoxious drunk detective). Very original. My main concern is the very very foul language but there may be a clean version.

2 Likes

I’ve binged watched a series on Apple Plus called “Drops of God” this past week. In my opinion it’s kind of like a “Queens Gambit” only with wine (I like Queens Gambit better). It requires watching with subtitles as it is in French, Japanese and some Italian. It’s based on a Japanese Manga series by a Japanese author Tadashi Agi.

2 Likes

Sounds really interesting. Thanks!

We finished season 3 of The Witcher last night. I am going to miss Henry Cavill as Geralt. It will be interesting to see how Liam Hemsworth does in the roll.

1 Like

Just finished Deadloch and Ep7&8 make it really worth it.

DH and I just finished Drops of God last night and thought it was wonderful, which is saying a lot since neither of us are wine drinkers! I didn’t realize it was based on a Japanese manga series. We really enjoyed how it switched between the different locations in France, Japan and Italy.

4 Likes

I loved Last Tango in Halifax, thought I was the only one that actually liked it. Took me an entire season to understand the “English” language though!

4 Likes

Saw it recommended here, thought it’d be a Canadian show about old people, was so pleasantly surprised, so than you Parents cafe – though the Christmas special was disappointing imho.

1 Like

Just finish the final season (3rd) of Happy Valley. I am so impressed with Sarah Lancashire. I hope she receives another BAFTA award.

The guy who played her nemesis, Tommy Lee Royce, was great, too, esp. in the final episode.

If you have not watched Happy Valley, all the three seasons of this crime drama, are great. It will be worth your time.

7 Likes

Any fans of Shakespeare and Hathaway that also watch Grantchester notice that in the season finale last night, Constable ‘Mac’ was played by Mark Benton, aka Frank Hathaway? His voice first drew my attention, then I imagine Frank Hathaway cleaned up, shaved, hair cut, etc. and was convinced it was him. Froze the credits to verify my hunch
guess I need a hobby

3 Likes

I loved this show! Got a bit predictable in the middle but still such a good story!

Finally got around to start watching Good Omens Season 2 and it continues to be quite a roller coaster ride of a show. Highly entertaining and I do love David Tennant. It’s fun reading the X-ray trivia after watching the episodes to see how much is in the details.

1 Like

I started watching a cute show called “Fisk” about a female attorney in Australia. She has my hair! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Pleasantly surprised by Australian shows The Newsreader and Deadloch (definitely different from US shows) so I’ll try Fisk - is it recent? where did you find it?
Thank you!

1 Like

It was made in 2021. It’s on Netflix. It just dropped last week and is doing well. It’s just a pleasant workplace comedy, nothing more. But that’s what I like to watch sometimes. :slight_smile:

4 Likes