Binge watched tv shows

Couldn’t get the wire streaming. I watched “Thin Blue Line” Incredible that the innocent man is still in jail. I am staying away from Dallas.

We just started The Newsroom. We are hooked after 2 episodes.

@psychmomma - did you ever watched The West Wing? If not, and you like The Newsroom, it should be next on your list. I will warn you, The West Wing will take a LONG time to get through. It’s 7 seasons, and 22-23 episodes each season. We started right around Thanksgiving, and just started season 5 last night. I hope we finish it before the weather gets nice outside!

I almost always pick up one show to binge watch around this time of the year. A few years ago, it was Castle, Big Bang Theory and Downton Abbey. Last year was Bones. This year, it is White Collar. Absolutely loving the show. Unfortunately, since I DVR the episodes being rebroadcast, I don’t always get to see it in order.

Cable has Starz free preview so I binged on Outlander.
Awesome.
Prior to that I binged on Marco Polo on netflx.
Just watched Sons of Liberty on History - parts 2 & 3 are tonight & tomorrow I think.
Hm, I guess I really like historical shows eith lots p violence. :slight_smile:

Have you seen Vikings?
They’ve just begun season three on the History channel.

I binge-watched seasons 1 and 2 of Last Tango in Halifax on Netflix – loved it. Our PBS station doesn’t have season 3 yet.

Omg sorry about my typos.

Yes, I watch Vikings. I’m excited about the new season.

We did see West Wing years ago when it was on. Loved it. Thought about renting it to rewatch but it is so long - it may be a summer thing for us when everything else is on reruns. We are waiting for season 2 of Newsroom so watched Episodes season 1 last week (7 episodes). It was pretty good. We also watched the rest of Downton. My lips are sealed but it was good! Oh- and the Parenthood finale was very satisfying. If anyone hasn’t watched that series, it is really good.

I love Vikings, but I thought the new season wasn’t starting until Feb. 19!

“I binge-watched seasons 1 and 2 of Last Tango in Halifax on Netflix – loved it. Our PBS station doesn’t have season 3 yet.”

Probably won’t be broadcast here until late spring/early summer again. Series 3 is still being shown in the UK.

H and I watched Newsroom- twice. Loved it. We just started House of Cards last night and are already hooked.

I started The Wire last night. OMG, I am hooked!

I have the Wire on standby, I remember not thinking it would be to my taste the first time around. No one has mentioned the Brit show Luther with Idris Elba, not really serious but crazy a bit violent and I fell in love with Idris. Several seasons are on Netflix.

I have to catch up with second season of House of Cards, Orphan Black, Newsroom, Girls, The Americans Last Tango, and now I have to add.Hon Woman. Too much.

I had no idea there would be Broadchurch season 2.

I didn’t have that much interest in The Wire, thought it would be too cynical. But I got sucked in pretty quickly. And I am glad that I thought to turn on the subtitles right away–it really helps with a deaf old mom like me.

@oldmom4896 - I really wished we had done the subtitles with The Wire; I seriously think I lost about half of the dialogue.

I’ve found that in our binge watching, I have to alternate between shows that have a lot of language and violence (i.e., The Wire) and those that don’t. Since we’re watching The West Wing now, looks like our next series is going to be a violence and potty-mouth experience.

We’ve got three episodes left of season 5 of The West Wing, then season 6 and 7. Am really hoping to finish it before we leave on vacation in four weeks… that’s 47 episodes, or at least ten episodes a week. We might get quite a few in today with the blizzard warning out there!

I think it’s time to pull out my DVDs of “The Wire” - SUCH an amazing show. It’s the only series I own, although I’m thinking about buying “Breaking Bad.”

The Wire is, in my opinion, the best tv series ever made. The amazing acting by the talented ensemble cast, superb writing, the grit, the humor, the brutality, and the glimpses of humanity shown in one of the most violent shows, I can’t think of anything that has even come close. We’ve watched it three or four times and one of our favorite things is that so many of the actors have gone on to other shows that we love, inhabiting other characters. Michael K.Williams, however, will always be Omar. :wink:

I agree @alwaysamom! Nothing compares!

Currently bingeing on The Great British Bake Off.