Binge watched tv shows

It’s a new series on Syfy (so can’t really binge-watch it, I guess), but I am loving “Channel Zero.” Kind of like “Stranger Things” but much darker and more unsettling. Some of the images are disturbing in a non-violent but extremely creepy way.

Westworld on HBO has been pretty creepy and mysterious so far. I’m anxious to see where it’s headed.

OK I just finished bingewatching Longmire on Netflix (liked a lot; not as good as Justified, the best show of all time, but could hardly be expected to attain those heights). My other favorite shows are Vikings and The Americans but those aren’t on for a while (and Hell On Wheels, but that finished). I liked Mozart in the Jungle (Amazon). I tried to watch Penny Dreadful on the strong recommendation of several, but was completely turned off by the gore. I don’t like supernatural elements in plotlines. I like procedurals with a strong sense of place. Any recs? (I’ve already seen Luther and will probably watch Happy Valley soon. I tried Bosch but it departs so much from the books I love).

I love Longmire, too! Was hoping Vic and Walt would finally get together this season but I guess that’ll have to wait.

1 Like

NJSue–is Bosch based on the Michael Connolly books? Is it on Amazon?

@NJSue , where can I find Justified? I love Vikings and The Americans, also Mozart in Jungle, so I will probably like Justified also.

Yes, Bosch is on Amazon.
I’m starting Hinterland season 2.

@VANURSEPRAC, Justified is on Amazon Prime. One of my favorite shows! @NJSue, I’m watching Longmire right now and I agree it’s not as good as Justified, but I like it pretty well. I just recently binge watched both seasons of American Crime on Netflix–really excellent character-driven show. I would recommend not watching both seasons back to back though, since many of the same actors are in it playing totally different characters. I think that might be really confusing. DH and I also recently finished the first season of Fargo on Hulu, also very good.

Another show I binge watched recently was The Killing. Great crime show set in Seattle with very interesting, flawed characters.

@mom2jl I think American Crime is well done, excellent acting. I did prefer the first season to the second. How about you?

I actually watched the second season of American Crime before the first season. And although I liked both of them, I think I preferred the first season too.

Just finished American Odyssey A bit exaggerated but it was entertaining. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get the Americans streaming on Netflix.

I’ve been watching The Americans on Amazon Prime.

^I am too cheap to sign up for two streaming services.

Rottentomatoes (“Don’t leave home with out it,” lol,) says:

“Season one and two are available on Vudu, Amazon Prime, and iTunes. Seasons one and two are now available on DVD too. Season three begins January 27 (Wednesdays at 10pm on FX), so catch up now!”

Netfix does have it on DVD- you don’t have that?

I loved both seasons of American Crime.

The final season of Rectify begins this week on the Sundance Channel. Fantastic show. If you’re into Southern Gothic stories, check it out.

The Killing did have great acting, but the cliffhanger after season 1 enraged a lot of people. Still, I would recommend it. Someday I’d love to binge the original Danish series, Forbrydelsen.

1 Like

I liked The Killing very much. That was real binging for me.

I initially belonged to Amazon Prime for the free shipping, and only more recently started taking advantage of the free streaming. I buy way too much on Amazon, but with the 5% rebate card and free shipping, it’s working out.

@lookingforward No, I don’t have that, either. I could sign up DVD are hassle since I don’t plan what to binge.

I loved the Killing, too. That partially got me into Crime Shows.

@lxnayBob, I don’t buy much on Amazon. When I do, I bundle to qualify for free shipping. My D used to have student prime.

I don’t know if I buy enough that the shipping savings beats the annual cost. But it’s nice to have Prime when you have the urge and no other reliable source shows some program.

Yeah, The Killing is what got me into binging, too.

Ya know, earlier someone said not watching over a few days isn’t really binging. I’d call what I do “at will” watching. I like that freedom.