Binge watched tv shows

And filmed in Vancouver! :wink:

I watched The Killing from the start and enjoyed it. I wasnā€™t outraged by the cliffhanger end of Season 1. It had a very talented cast and I loved the way that they ended the series.

Yes, each season is based on more than one book and itā€™s a continuing story so you canā€™t miss an episodeā€¦ And talk about wonderful casts! If you are a fan of The Wire, you get to see Jamie Hector (Marlo Stanfield) and Lance Reddick (Lt. Daniels). The acting and writing are superb.

Iā€™m another fan of The Killing. :slight_smile:

Was home yesterday with sick kids and finally gave in to House of Cards . . which I had been avoiding due to hearing there were no ā€œlikeableā€ characters. Five eps in.

^we are waiting for season 4 (HOC) to come in at the library. We love this show- cold and calculating characters and all.

^ I used to say that I disliked everyone on Breaking Bad except the infant, and I wasnā€™t so sure about the infant after all. :slight_smile:

I couldnā€™t help but like Jesse, @IxnayBob. And Walter, Jr!

@doschicos, I liked Jesse until near the end, when he became spoiled, entitled, and committed emotional blackmail. Itā€™s been a while, but thatā€™s my recollection. I did like him the longest though.

ETA: iirc, it was over a car.

Whether itā€™s Tony Soprano, Dexter, Walter White, Frank Underwood, Nurse Jackie or someone else, I think the writers in these shows have done a good job of giving each flawed (sociopath/psychopath?) character something we can relate to and sympathize with. Iā€™ve enjoyed these shows almost as much as my more wholesome favorite, Friday Night Lights.

Iā€™ve always liked Remy and Jackie on HOC.

A little TV crush on Mehershala Ali, yes.

Iā€™m re-binging on West Wing. Do you think I can vote for Santos/McGarry this year?

I started on a serious TWW binge in June and finished season 7 just a few weeks ago. It was my third complete pass counting original 7 years as one and a binge summer in 2010. Once again, I cried throughout at times and wished for a government like the one that Aaron Sorkin created in his series. I actually started over with the first few episodes before June because I started listening to The West Wing Weekly podcast with Josh Malina (Will Bailey) and Hrishi Hirway. I couldnā€™t limit myself to one episode per week. They have had Aaron Sorkin, Tommy Schlamme, and so many cast members on the podcast that it has been a weekly treat. When Richard Schiff was on to talk about that first Christmas episode when he arranges for the Arlington funeral for the homeless vet, he cried while describing the episode so I am embracing my emotions over the series even though some of it has become dated since the original airing.

There are references to Tim Russert and today the Rocky Mtn New (a paper long gone). And Iā€™m on an episode where Donna and Josh are using social media at work but FB and other such sites are banned on government computers.

Still love West Wing.

I rewatched West Wing this summer. Oh how I wish I could vote for Santos/McGarry this year! Actually, even the Vinick ticket would be better than what we have going on!

Both D and S started to watch the show as well - S with more interest than D. So, when he was home, I got to watch some of the episodes all over again - might do more of that when he comes home for the holidays! He sent me a picture of a sticker his roommate got him - OCSE - organization of cartographers for social equality! H and D had no clue what this was, but S and I had a good laugh.

So, now am looking for another show to binge watch. Howā€™s Gilmore Girls? Iā€™ve seen several references to this ā€¦

Heads up that thereā€™s a trailer available for the new Sherlock episode coming out on New Yearā€™s Day.

We tried binging on Gilmore Girls. Liked it for a few seasons and then lost interest. It started to see a tad whiny too us. Maybe it wasnā€™t the best series for binge watching. Maybe its just us as others rave about it.

@doschicos We felt the same way about Gilmore Girls. I find Lauren Gilmore extremely annoying and I was so disappointed when Maura Tierney had to be replaced in Parenthood and Gilmore got the role.

@twoinanddone, we had our chance in 2008 and 2012. :smiley:

@2VU0609 , where is this podcast? It sounds wonderful!

Bradley Whitford and Marlee Matlin were stumping for Clinton in Wisconsin this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDU8onW8moY

@Consolation, itā€™s called The West Wing Weekly. They have just made it into season 2 recently and last week they had Emily Procter talking about her role as Ainsley. She was so good. Theyā€™ve had many of the showā€™s regulars and Lin Manuel Miranda has committed to an episode sometime in the future. I suspect it will be the one from season 2 where they discuss the financial problems of Puerto Rico.