Binge watched tv shows

S and I love to discuss West Wing episodes. D got me to watch Grey’s Anatomy and now Scandal. But with school being busy, they don’t watch as much anymore and I miss those discussions…

Watched the first two episodes of the Hulu original series “Chance” starring Hugh Laurie as a forensic neuro-psychiatrist with some personal and ethical issues (surprise, surprise). So far, it’s been a very slow burn with a noir mystery feel. I’m hoping there is a twist in the direction it appears to be heading. At any rate, it is beautifully filmed with great acting.

Im still watching Luke Cage, and I love it!!!

I’m still watching This is Us but I have to say that the high hopes that I had for it have pretty much dissipated. I love parts of it, primarily the Randall story and Ron Cephas Jones who portrays William but much of the rest is just not doing it for me. Ron is a wonderful actor, as is his daughter, Jasmine, who plays Peggy Schuyler in Hamilton.

Does anyone watch Life In Pieces? A cute, sometimes amazingly funny sitcom with a fantastic cast. A cast who you would not expect on a 30 minute sitcom - James Brolin, Diane Weist, Thomas Sadoski, Colin Hanks, Betsy Brandt, Martin Mull, Megan Mullally, and the extremely talented but likely unknown by many, Zoe Lister-Jones. Highly recommend it.

We really like Life in Pieces.

I love Life in Pieces.

Netflix - The Crown
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/11/the-crown-netflix-downton-abbey?mbid=nl_CH_581ceecf784cf8ac089e69a9&CNDID=7509823&spMailingID=9825976&spUserID=MTMzMTgzNzM5ODMwS0&spJobID=1040500913&spReportId=MTA0MDUwMDkxMwS2

Binge watched two wonderful series lately. Highly recommend The Crown on Netflix and Good Girl Revolt on Amazon Prime. Loved both!!!

Just started watching The Crown tonight! Needing a major break from the real world so time for a Netflix binge.

@doschicos, we are enjoying The Crown also. DW is staying in the city tonight, otherwise we’d be watching episode 3 tonight. I know very little about the Royal Family, so it’s fascinating to me. I especially like the actresses for Margaret and Elizabeth.

I finished season 1 of The Crown, it was outstanding, can’t wait for season 2.

I was going to start it tonight but I’m just to knackered to concentrate. I’m taking the whole day off to start tomorrow. I have Poldark recorded too - so plenty to shows to keep me sitting back and eating bon bons.

Since season 1 of The Crown has been out for a few days…I assume we have to wait a year for season 2? I couldn’t find any info online.

For all those enjoying the Crown another netflix gem is “good girls Revolt” - well made, excellent acting

@SouthJerseyChessMom Good Girls Revolt is actually an Amazon Prime (video) series.

Re The Crown – I also really enjoyed the (very slight) recent movie, A Royal Night Out. It is sort of a Roman Holiday fantasy sprouted from the real-life fact that on V-E Day Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret, then in their late teens, left Buckingham Palace incognito with some friends and spent the night partying with crowds of people in the streets. A Canadian actress, Sarah Gadon, does a great job as a very appealing “Lillibet,” and Bel Powley is also fun as a ditzy Margaret. It’s a nice prequel to The Crown.

@Ohiomomof2 whoops you are right "good girls Revolt " is Amazon prime.
Chelsea Handler on Netflix :wink: is also excellent - she has the most interesting political, scientific and travel segments, warning she offends often, but it’s a great show, and worth tolerating those moments. I was not a fan of her crude late night show-

I’ve turned for comfort to sitcoms. Watched Parks & Recreation for 6 straight hours last night

Just finished watching epi 1&2 of The Crown. So good! I want to try to pace myself a bit so I have something to look forward to, but I do t know if I have the willpower not to binge it.

@Montegut and others, there is a 3rd season of The Fall. Seems to be recently added to Netflix. I think it only premiered on Irish and UK tv in late September.