Binge watched tv shows

We started season one of The Americans last night. H said it was probably one of the best first episodes of any series we’ve ever watched. High praise coming from him. I’m hooked, too!

I am all about Billions these days. Just obsessed!

Netflix “Harry and snowman” - wonderful about $80 plowhorse is saved and becomes famous jumper -

@auntiek, between Tesla and Skidmore, I thought we were soulmates, and then you bring up Billions! The nicest thing I can say is that I hope that the enjoyment lasts for you. We started enthusiastically, but the writing and scenery chewing became too little and too much, respectively.

I’ve got to say – The Young Pope is the oddest show I’ve seen in a long time. I’m 5 episodes in and still can’t decide whether I like it. I do like the art direction and its use of music but the dialogue is so stilted. It sounds like it was originally written in another language and translated to English or something. Jude Law is terrific in it, though.

@IxnayBob Yikes! I’m worried now. At least I’m braced for the downfall…

Part of my fandom is undoubtedly influenced by my appreciation for Damian Lewis, and the fact that I was able to find something interesting to watch on a cross-country flight. But I will steel myself for the decline! TBH, Paul Giamatti is already grating on me.

I think the fascination for me is also Lewis. Most of the time, I couldn’t stand him on Homeland. So I i enjoy enjoying him.

But Chuck and Wendy, bleh. Their back story, ugh.

Saw this article this morning and thought some of you might be interested in marking your calendars!

http://www.businessinsider.com/netflix-original-shows-in-2017-full-list-2017-2?utm_content=buffer02277&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-ti/#watership-down-2017-29

Anyone Stephen King’s fan? I am watching Haven. Pretty good.

@auntiek and @lookingforward, I liked Damian Lewis on Homeland UNTIL I noticed that, to me, most of his “acting” was based on closely miked breathing sounds. And, just as if you subtract the “scary music” in a horror flick you don’t have much to react to, I found his acting to be underwhelming if you subtracted the exaggerated sound of his breathing. Just my opinion, and obviously much of the world disagrees with me.

Giamatti seems to have forgotten that it’s a TV show, and he’s not acting for those in the cheap seats.

As for the writing, I resent when implausibilities are milked for dramatic effect; it’s lazy. When I can accurately predict the next line of dialogue, or the “unexpected twist,” well, someone is mailing it in.

Sorry to be so negative. Having spent much of my adult life around people like those in Billions (not too many, but more than enough :slight_smile: ), I had high hopes for the show, so I’m pretty disappointed.

I find Damian Lewis’ tiny little mouth so distracting that I can’t really see past it. It bugged me in Homeland so I haven’t tried to watch him in anything else.

Lol. I like how he wears his jeans in Billions

I didn’t really like Damian Lewis in Homeland either, and DH and I didn’t care for Billions after watching one episode. However, I did like him in a show called “Life” that was on for a couple of seasons some years back, and I thought he was very good as Henry VIII in the recent “Wolf Hall.” Although I have to admit that it was weird hearing him speak with his native British accent.

Rick and the gang are back tonight on TWD!

I liked Damian Lewis in Band of Brothers. But I do agree with exaggerated breathing bugs me too.

Just saw that The White Princess is coming to Starz this spring. I liked The White Queen a lot so I’m excited. I’ll re-subscribe to Starz for Outlander around then anyway, as an Amazon Prime VIdeo add-on.

Glad to see I wasn’t the only one who didn’t like Damian in Homeland. Just terrible acting. I haven’t seen him in anything else though, so I’ll give the benefit of the doubt.

I just finished “The Borgias” and I’m really bummed out it was cancelled before Season 4! I just heard there’s another series that was simultaneously released “Borgia” but now that I fell in love with all the characters, would I even like it? Has anyone seen that one?

Time to find something new to watch.

I can’t wait for The White Princess too. Loved The White Queen.

@Fishnlines29, Was Borgias on Netflix or Amazon Prime? Jeromy Irons or the guy from The Wire as pope?

Anyone watching “The Young Pope?”

@BingeWatcher It was “The Borgias” on Netflix with Jeremy Irons. I think the other one “Borgia” might be on netflix too. I’ll have to check out white queen.