Binge watched tv shows

@Gourmetmom , I am. I posted earlier in this thread that I wasn’t sure whether I liked it or not because it’s so odd. But since I posted that, I’ve watched a couple more episodes and I’m liking it more. It’s still odd but it’s holding my interest.

What about you? Are you enjoying it?

I caught a scene of Young Pope last week, looked great. I will wait until a few season come out!

I read a review of the young pope and if we had that channel I would at least want to look in on it…sounds fascinating.

John Oliver talked about the Young Pope before he talked about “other stuff”. Glad to have John Oliver back on.

Many thanks to the folks on this thread who recommended The Wire. We are on the last few episodes of Season Five so are almost through. I’m waiting for that last DVD hold to come in so I can watch episodes again with commentary. I love the parallel story lines. I’m just disappointed that the Baltimore Sun characters weren’t as fleshed out and multi-dimensional as other characters before them. I also just read that The Wire was a favorite of Pres. Obama.

@CCsiteObsessed Glad you enjoyed The Wire. I think it’s one of the very best series ever made. Still love it when I see actors from The Wire on other shows, after all these years.

Is anyone watching Big Little Lies? It’s fluff, but enjoyable David E. Kelley fluff with an excellent cast and absolutely beautiful scenery. :slight_smile:

@alwaysamom, I’m watching BIg Littke Lies. I’m hooked.

I so want Laura Dern’s house.

Really enjoyed Z - a new series about Zelda Fitzgerald – on Amazon. Christina Ricci is superb; I hope the series comes back with another season.

Just binged The Missing Season 2 on Starz. Was fantastic. Much better than the first season. Going to watch The Young Pope next. We have to drop some channels, as our bill is too high, and hubby wants to add Showtime when Twin Peaks comes out. Thinking of dropping HBO. Starz has just too many good shows. I was watching Outlander but stopped when the extended rape scenes came in. Haven’t been able to get back into it. I somewhat watched The White Queen, but really interested in The White Princess.

Thanks for the heads up on Season 2 of The Missing, @Montegut. I really enjoyed Season 1 so I’m definitely going to watch now!

Doschicos, it is really good!

Aren’t there two series called The Missing?

This is the one I watched and liked. https://www.starz.com/series/themissing/episodes

Yes, that’s the one I watched/both seasons. And I just looked back and see you recommended it, doschicos.

:wink:

Yes, I did. Have to hop on season 2 now. I’ve fallen behind. :slight_smile:

Did anyone watch the first episode of American Crime’s Season3? I love this show. Such an interesting way to showcase actors in different roles in each season, and some wonderful additions to the cast this time.

No, but thanks for that reminder, too. Another great show!

Oh, I didn’t know a new American Crime was out. Thanks! I’ll have to find the first episode

I was out of town last week and couldn’t watch The Americans. Tonight I’ll have to watch episode 2 and then 1 (I don’t know why, but they run the new one and then the prior one).

Any other recs to watch at starz? I have a free 7-day trial and I am stuck in the house.

@Iglooo Black Sails is pretty good. I got more excited about it as RL Stevenson characters began to emerge.