Binge watched tv shows

@oldmom4896, I love The Americans with every fiber of my being. I am soooo obsessed!

Donā€™t feel bad. DH and I are only on season 2 of The Americans on Amazon Prime.

We are also big fans of The Americans and have to wait a year. I thought H might actually spring for extra channels to see it sooner, but we like to binge watch and would be in agony having to wait a week between episodes.

We are watching the current season of The Americans, so waiting from week to week. It is more difficult than binging.

I have developed an unhealthy obsession with Survivor.

@SyrAlum Cam you tel us where you found Broadchurch season 3? Or PM me? Thx

Those of you who donā€™t have cable and want to watch the new season of The Americans can buy the season on Amazon Video (for $24.99 SD or $34.99 HD), if you donā€™t want to wait a year. I donā€™t have cable either, and am seriously considering doing this because I love it so muchā€“a year is a long time to wait!

Yea, I am watching The Americans week to week and it really takes the emotions down a notch. Binge Watching is really the only way I like to watch TV anymoreā€¦Hence the nameā€¦ :wink:

Not good for oneā€™s productivity level, however. At least for those like me who can lack self control. :slight_smile:

Also watching both Survivor and new Amazing Race.

^ Iā€™ve always watched Survivor, but just started this seasonā€™s Amazing Race. I had watched some earlier seasons of Race, but lost interest (some dysfunctional and nasty teams didnā€™t help). For some reason, decided to try again, and am enjoying it so far.

The new season of Fargo is shaping up to be very, very good. (Season 1 & 2 qualified as classics, in my book.)

In general, I find Amazon Primeā€™s channel add-ons (Startz, for one, I think also Showtime) to be a good value. Starz is about $8/mo with the first month free and no commitment required. Beats the heck out of cable since Prime is only about $9/month itself and comes with all the other stuff.

That said, I wonā€™t pay to add on Starz until fall because Outlander :smiley:

Iā€™m having trouble following the Americans this year. In part, itā€™s because it doesnā€™t come on until 11 pm here (in Mountain time zone with a west coast feed - totally sucks for everything but live TV) but because it seems to be moving slowly and there are a lot of subtitles for the Russian and I canā€™t read it that fast! I record the episodes, so will binge watch after a few more and then I think it will make more sense.

Iā€™m also having trouble with Designated Survivor. Is it me or do all the 40 something guys look the same? The surviving senator (house member?)? The former chief of staff? The vice president? There are a few black FBI guys I canā€™t seem to keep straight either. I need something blinking that says ā€œgood guyā€ or ā€œbad guyā€. The Asian FBI woman was arrested and then back on the trail. Missed how that happened.

Iā€™ve been enjoying Survivor although the double-episode last night was a little too much and my mind wandered. (After the fireworks at Tribal Counsel the week before!)

I donā€™t really binge, watching one episode after another. I try to watch one episode per 24 hours, usually on evenings when Iā€™m home and thereā€™s nothing appealing on tv (which happens quite a bit since I only have the networks via my digital antenna and no DVR). Once in a while Iā€™ll watch two in a row but not often. This time (Season 2) I just stoppedā€“it was really hard for me to watch the Young Hee/Don story lines and twice I just turned it off for a few weeks mid-episode. It must be a lonely life to be Elizabeth.

I tell myself that Season 5 will be just as thrilling next year, with no extra expenditure!

I bailed a few episodes ago. When you cringe when the protagonist speaks, youā€™re just not going to get into the show, I decided. I love Keifer - he was such a great vampire lol - but I HATE this character.

Binged ā€œ30 degrees in Februaryā€ a popular award winning Swedish series.
Hooked me because daughter visited Thailand ( Phuket area where this is filmed ) and enjoyed scuba diving - also part of this series.
It was an intense watch.not for everyone

Hmm. How so, intense, @SouthJerseyChessMom ?

If you read a synopsis it deals with lonely people seeking happiness, and their journeys of love, loss, identity, abuse, family dysfunction. Add in the 2015 (?) tsunami and it makes for some harrowing scenes.
That said, the acting and beauty of Thailand make this a stellar experience.
It starts slowly but the characters really deep into your psyche!
It is strangely an uplifting experience-'with a very satisfying conclusion.

Try 2004! It was quite a while ago.