Binge watched tv shows

Right !! 2004! Tsunami - was distracted when I wrote that. The first series of 10 episodes aired in 2012 ( I think)
And Netflix just added both season 1 and 2 in late summer last year.

Iā€™ll check it out, thank you!

For those of you who liked Offspring or Arrested Development, I recommend Schittā€™s Creek. Seasonā€™s 1 and 2 are available on Netflix now, but youā€™ll have to pay for season 3 on amazon for the time being.

Survivor v Amazing Race? Which is more compelling? Does Amazing Race have the same strategic, manipulative elements of Survivor?

@CaliCash, itā€™s not even close. Survivor by a landslide.

^^^agreed!

Yeah, itā€™s a very different game. I enjoy both, but for different reasons.

Is anyone watching Shots Fired? Iā€™ve been binging on it this weekend, having recorded all episodes so far.

I prefer Amazing Race to Survivor - they are doing interesting challenges in interesting places. With Survivor, itā€™s the same competitions (I think they only have 6 different challenges they vary up a bit) in the same place.

@fireflyscout , I totally agree, Amazing Race is way better and way less drama.

Amazing race is less strategic but in some ways more engaging in that you are always thinking about how you can do the challenges and there are team dynamics. AND based on the scenery this last week I now have Norway on the brain.

But, I still watch Survivor first.

^ ditto Norway.

@fireflyscout Having binged a few seasons in a short amount of time, I definitely see that issue. On the other hand, I donā€™t think the challenges on Survivor (excluding the endurance immunity challenges at the end) matter as much as the alliances, scheming, and blindsiding. In many ways, the actual challenges are the least important part of the game. The outcome and the implications it has on the tribe is what truly matters.

Anyone watching ā€œDear White Peopleā€, a dramedy about social/racial issues and pressures faced by minority students at a fictitious Ivy League college? Very well written and acted, Iā€™ve enjoyed the first few episodes. Didnā€™t see the movie, but reviews have said that the Netflix series surpasses it.

Thanks, @audiophile. I may take a break from 13 Reasons Why, still dutifully plowing through, and watch some of this.

@audiophile - I watched the first 4 episodes of Dear White People on Netflix last night - loved it! I did see the movie, this is very very similar but I like the ability to flesh things out that a tv series gives vs a film.

I am also enjoying The Handmaidā€™s Tale. I read the book way back when and enjoyed that also. Itā€™s rather depressing, if you know the story, but this series is very well done. Only 3 episodes so far, Hulu is releasing it week by week, I think, after these first 3.

We will likely also watch The Handmaidā€™s Tale, though I expect it will be depressing. But, we enjoy The Man in the High Castle, and that is also a depressing book/topic.

Handmaidā€™s tale probably needs its own thread. I too read it before and would love to hear reactions from persons who hadnā€™t. My husband is gobsmaked at the role of the ā€œwives.ā€

Dr. Foster is a great one to binge on. I think itā€™s on Amazon Prime. Itā€™s only one season long so it feels like a long movie. Itā€™s British and follows a female physician who suspects her husband of cheating. Definitely worth a watch :slight_smile:
I also highly recommend The Crown on Netflix. Sooo interesting and will change your perspective on Queen Elizabeth

@CaliCash who do predict for winner of Survivor? Did you see last weekā€™s elimination? Ahhh, I loved it!!
Also, I am not ashamed to say I love Big Brother (BB)!! My college son and I bond over that show so I canā€™t wait until he comes home for the summer so we can enjoy the show together!

I just watched the first two episodes of The Path on an airline flight. Itā€™s on Hulu ā€“ created by a Parenthood screenwriter, and produced by Jason Katims (Roswell, Friday Night Lights, Parenthood, a god in my house). Aaron Paul, Michelle Monaghan (whom I always really, really like), Hugh Dancy, some really dreamy looking teenage boy, and an ongoing role for Minka Kelly. How could I not have heard anything about this before?

Anyway, the first two episodes made me want more. Typical Katims family drama, plus a millenarian community at the exact inflection point of maturing into an evil cult.