Binge watched tv shows

There are 3 and I’ll pm you the link in a moment.

@lookingforward Could you send me the link also? Thank you.

@lookingforward please include me with the Broad Church link. Thank you so much!

@lookingforward I would also love to have the Broadchurch link. Many thanks.

Binge-watched the following shows lately:

Catastrophe, I Love Dick and Master of None. I liked them all a lot. Master of None might have been the best of the three. I Love Dick was very strange, but I enjoyed it. The scenery is gorgeous, the acting was impeccable, and the music was well placed.

Might start Better Call Saul tonight.

I only watched the first few seasons of Survivor when it first came out on tv years ago. I loved it, but then it got old. I didn’t even know it was still around.

I’ve taken to watching Reign on Netflix - I think it’s for a younger audience, but it’s keeping my interest - it’s pretty well written. I like that the characters don’t just believe what they are told and keep secrets, instead, they confront each other on issues.

Found a new one we have been watching, called “Married at First Sight” (It is on lifetime), in the show singles allow experts to match them up, after filling out extensive profiles and such, and they literally don’t meet until they get to the altar (they are legally married). What is interesting is to see how much they can predict and also seeing how much people lie to themselves, or how what they think they want isn’t what they really want and also wonder how experts could miss something obvious to me. It can be hard, there are couples I thought would make it and wanted them too, there were people I thought have been matched up with quite honestly, unsympathetic people, and some of them scratched my head, like matching up people who had lives and jobs in places far apart where it would be tough to find common ground. In the show they are married (legally), the show does the wedding and the honeymoon, move in together and then live together for 6 weeks, at that point they decide whether to try and stay together or get divorced.

We just started “Genius” which is a biographical series about Einstein on National Geographic. It seems well done so far. They are still in the middle of airing the first season.

For anyone who is a fan of true crime, “The Keepers” on Netflix is a very well done, highly bingeable documentary. It’s about the unsolved murder of a nun in the late 60s in Baltimore and involves a sex abuse scandal at a Catholic girls school. I only have one episode left. I also just started “Anne with an E”, also on Netflix, a new adaptation of Anne of Green Gables. I have always loved the book, but am still withholding judgement on this series after watching three episodes. It’s well-acted, but Anne’s background at the orphanage is depicted (in flashbacks) much more grimly than the book ever did, and the actress who plays Anne takes some getting used to. I love Marilla and Matthew though, and I’ve heard that some of their backstory that isn’t in the book will be added in the series, so that could be interesting.

I just finished watching the outstanding “The Keepers”, which I highly recommend (warning: many of the participants are survivors of child sex abuse and their histories are harrowing). On the other hand, I could only get through 2 episodes of “Anne with an E” - just too dark a take on a book that wasn’t.

Is the Broadchurch Season 3 link a secret?

If someone has a clean link to Broadchurch 3, maybe you can share it. What I had doesn’t seem to work the same now.

I could not get it to work either.

When I sent it to you, BW, I had checked it. It’s a funky site or they’re limiting access.

Started Call the Midwife…

@tempeMom Hope you love it as much as I have. I’m kind of jealous of anyone starting it fresh. Great series.

I found Bordertown on Netflix last night and I’m hooked even though it’s in Finnish.

Any Silicon Valley fans??? Bummer TJ Miller is leaving.

I finished Season 3 of Bloodline. I won’t say much as to not give anything away but I really enjoyed the final two episodes, despite some flaws in the season itself.

Now watching Jane the Virgin and liking it so far. Gina Rodriguez is charming.

No spoilers, but the series finale of The Leftovers was great. Carrie Coon should be nominated for an Emmy. She is also pretty good in this season of Fargo.