Binge watched tv shows

Just finished The Ranch. H didn’t care for it (mostly because of the canned laughter) and stopped after a few episodes but S and I kept going to the end and really liked it.

@psychmomma , I tried watching The Ranch, because I love Sam Elliot, but the laugh trck put e off so much that I absolutely could not watch it! What a shame.

The laughing really got on my nerves too. But after a few episode, I didn’t hear it. I could turn it off in my head interestingly.

I am watching Rake. So far not bad.

Where can I watch the National Geographic Genius/Einstein Series? I didn’t catch it on regular TV and I want to start at the beginning.

@coralbrook The National Geographic streaming shows up on our Apple TV if you scroll down. Otherwise, I think you can watch it on the National Geographic channel website.

Genius was great and it passed the smell test of my neighbor who is a Physics prof - though the chronology of certain theories weren’t all correct. But nothing a lay person would recognize, and the incorrect chronology wasnt pivotal to the story. I need to read the book now.

I just binge watched a new Netflix series called Friends From College. Only one season. I was hooked and finished it yesterday!

^good to know. I got Netflix email the other day about it.

In the middle of Peaky Blinders. Very good!!

I watched all 3 episodes of the Prime Suspect prequel over the last two days. Great! I certainly hope they do more.

Unfortunately, Prime Suspect: Tennison will not have any additional episodes. I am ready to have a little meltdown with BBC/PBS over the number of shows that have roped me in and then they have left them with no future. In addition to Prime Suspect: Tennison not being renewed, they are unsure if My Mother and Other Strangers will have another season (and it ended on a BIG cliff hanger) and Home Fires wasn’t renewed. I think they aren’t even sure about Grantchester. Arghhh…

Speaking of the BBC, I don’t know if I’d recommended Merlin here? It’s on Netflix now. I really enjoyed it.

Basic idea is Merlin, Arthur, Guinevere, Morgan, etc are all teenagers when it begins and we watch them grow into their characters and destinies (with some liberties taken but that’s the case with all the King Arthur stuff I think).

There are 5 seasons and the show is very well done.

https://www.netflix.com/title/70142436

Watching the first episode of My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Omg, it’s so funny!!

I’m excited about “Ozark.” It’s a series starring Jason Bateman and Laura Linney staring on Netflix on July 21. I love both the actors. http://www.laweekly.com/film/bateman-and-linney-break-bad-in-netflixs-backwoods-crime-drama-ozark-8429886

@psychmomma yes that show is funny! I need to start season 3…it’s so quirky and how do they come up with those song and dance numbers!!!

I followed up Tennison with Olive Kitteredge. Very deeply affecting and at points disturbing, especially the relationship between the adult son and mother. I had to keep reassuring myself about my relationship with S.

@CALSmom, I was surprised that my H and sons watched it with me. They aren’t usually interested in musical shows, but this one is so well written. The song lyrics are hysterical and clever! And yes, the dance/choreography of the songs is amazing. So much work is put into every episode.

Finally started “Game of Thrones.” We’re a little slow on the uptake. I like it, but sometimes I have a hard time understanding what they’re saying!

We still haven’t watched Game of Thrones. We started the first episode a few years ago, but having 80 yr old mom living with us (and watching evening tv with us), we gave up.

@MaineLonghorn Can you turn on the captioning? My husband needs it for everything, and I find it useful or at least not distracting.