Binge watched tv shows

Bebe’s exit was her decision. She had requested to be let out of her contract early. My guess is that she will be doing more theatre in the very near future. There are so many wonderful theatre actors in this show, which, along with very good writing, is largely responsible for its success.

I, too, am sorry about the time change but we DVR so it isn’t a dealbreaker for us.

@IxnayBob lol I thought the same too but if you could get past episodes 1 and 2 (2 is great, it introduces real life serial killer Kemp and Holden becomes part of the behavioral science “unit”). It gets good from there

I think all the old school details are cool too…brings back memories from childhood

@CALSmom , okay, I’ll try to talk my wife into giving it more time.

Btw, memories from childhood? For me it was more like college :))

I LOVE Madam Secretary, and am enjoying Mindhunter too, though it’s not grabbing me, it’s entertaining. I think I’m on ep 5 or so.

Has anyone been watching Wisdom of the Crowd? It’s one of the few new shows that I’ve tried and it has entertained me so far. I also am enjoying Me, Myself and I. I tried The Good Doctor and the writing is so atrocious and the characters such caricatures, I struggled through a few episodes then had to give up.

I love Bebe Neuwirth. I haven’t seen the latest Madam Secretary yet. :frowning:

We started Riverdale. It’s so… Weird! But we’re also still interested to see where it goes. 5 episodes in so far. I also picked up Billions from the library. We’ll see how that goes.

@CALSmom, Okay; I talked my wife into it, and we’re further along in Mindhunter, and we are enjoying it.

I still hated the way he interrupted the killer talking because FBI guy was falling behind in his note taking. Really? Smart guy like that thought that was a good idea? I haven’t decided if I’m just too dumb to see some strategy behind it, or if it was an acting/directing indulgence to highlight the need for a recorder (although he still takes notes later with a recorder).

That aside, the show gets much better after a very stilted first episode or two.

I didn’t know Madame Sec was back on. I looked on the Sunday line up a few times but of course I was looking for it at 8 pm, not 10 (really 7 and 9 in my timezone).

I watched Anne with an E and didn’t really like it. Our PBS stations are running the original Anne of Green Gables (2 episodes each Sunday afternoon - yes during football) and it is glorious. I probably won’t go back to AnnE on netflix.

Recommending “Manhunt” (Netflix, 8 episodes) on the investigation into the Unibomber. Well written, well acted, and surprisingly intense considering we all know how it ends.

I’m glad to hear you and wife gave Mindhunter a second chance @IxnayBob!
You will see the evolution of Holden and how the behavioral science unit grows. So, yes in the beginning they didn’t know what they were doing with interviewing serial killers (remember they started as Road School teachers), so you’ll see how they begin using recording devices. And because they’re FBI, all recordings have to be transcribed.
IMO Holden turns into a narcissistic jerk but I think that’s how the writers planned it so we keep watching

Holden is based on John Douglas who, shall we say, is a complicated person. The show seems to be pretty true to his personality.

I just watched the first two episodes of the new Tig Notaro show, One Missippi. Interesting, but if there isn’t some evolution in the characters and relationships, it will go on a back burner for me. Tig is annoying me so far.

That’s helpful to know. I find myself experiencing the same sort of “how could I not have noticed” feeling as when I watched Mad Men. The smoking while someone is trying to have lunch, Holden’s ostentatious checking out of his to-be GF’s butt, and I’m sure many more instances in future episodes (I’m only part way through episode 3).

ETA: interesting that most shows I really like (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc.) have characters that you like less and less as the show progresses.

Maya54 I had no idea Mindhunter was a book so I looked up John Douglas and read some info on him…very interesting

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_E._Douglas

Is Mindhunter violent/graphic? I’m very interested in the topic but I worry it’ll be too graphic for me.
I really liked Anne with an E! I thought it was more realistic yet true to the novels.

This is maybe a side topic, but I’d love it if there was a website where I could register the seasons of shows I’ve watched on Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, BBC, etc to be notified when a new season is coming out or being aired. Anyone know of something like this?

@Ynotgo, this isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, but there is a website called justwatch dot com where you can put all the shows you watch using different providers on a single watchlist. I usually use that website to find out where specific shows or movies are streaming, whether they’re included with a subscription I already have or I have to pay for them. I don’t think it will notify you when a new season is coming out, but at least it’s a way to keep track of everything you watch in one place. I haven’t tried it yet myself, but it might be useful.

@Ynotgo I use http://www.tvmuse.com - you can add hows to your watchlist and consult a weekly (daily) calendar to see what’s coming up. You can check off as you watch so you don’t lose your place.

I think TVGuide offers a similar service.

Anyone else about to dive into Season 2 of Stranger Things?