Binge watched tv shows

I just started watching La Mante (The Mantis) today and am totally hooked! I watched three episodes in a row–it’s so good!

@audiophile Yes. It no doubt took some marketing genius to realize that calling a show “Scrotal Recall” was going to narrow its appeal substantially. It would be one thing if it were a raunch-fest produced by Seth Rogen and aimed at adolescent boys, but that’s not what the show f/k/a Scrotal Recall is at all.

Did anyone mention Manhunt, a Unabomber story? Based on the true story. To me, this was more convincing than mind hunter.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but we watched the entire season of TheEnd of the F ***ing World last night. Yes, it was good enough to keep watching. It’s on Netflix. Each episode is 20 minutes long. (It’s set in the UK but is nothing like The Crown!)

Yes! We saw the Unabomber story. Excellent!

I watched a couple of episodes of The End of the F***ing World – based on a plug in The New Yorker – and didn’t keep going. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t need to watch it, either.

Not the end of F*** world but there was The end of the World, a history drama . I liked it. I was on the fence if I should watch The End of F*** world. I have a long flight ahead of me looking for something to binge. I’ll try the trailer before downloading.

Is anyone watching The Chi on HBO?

forgive me if this has been discussed already the thread is so big now. I just finished “Trapped” based on a recommendation from this thread. (I think? ) I really enjoyed it.
Do you have more recommendations for snowy drama? Trapped is about as dark as I would like to go. Nothing seriously disturbing or gory.
I don’t mind sub titles
Thanks

H and I recently finished the second season of The Durrells in Corfu and the first season of The Collection which are both PBS shows. Black Mirror is a great one to watch, but I don’t like to watch it when I am alone!

@veruca There are two other recent Icelandic police procedurals available now on one or another of the streaming services, Case and The Lava Field. Neither is as good (or anywhere near as snowy) as Trapped. Both of them involve odd-couple investigators where the lead is haunted by past mistakes. In Case, the lead investigator is a woman. Both are dark in about the same degree as Trapped. Case begins with the suicide (or is it?) of a young classical dancer, and the possible reasons for that are plumbed pretty thoroughly. Lava Field involves drug addiction and prostitution. Both, unfortunately, are much more “interior” than Trapped – they don’t get outside much, which is really a pity when what you have outside is as sensational to look at as Iceland.

I really liked the original Danish-Swedish version of The Bridge, which is very much in the same vein. It’s largely urban; taking place in Copenhagen and Malmo, and of course in between the two. I only watched the first season.

If you want to see some snowy U.S. hardboiled detective movies without subtitles (mostly), there’s Fargo, Winter’s Bone (which is sensational), Wind River, and Frozen River (not really a mystery).

Thanks very much!!

I’m watching Big Little Lies. Whoa. It’s very good but very violent. Some scenes really make my blood boil.

Reading this thread reminded be the Grace and Frankie is out today.

^Oh good, I need something lighter after Big Little Lies. I really like Grace and Frankie!

We just started watching Search Party on TBS after a rrecommendation on a website for what to watch after finishing the end of the f****** world. Watched four episodes so far. Like the main character, but her friends have flaws.

Netflix “Anne with an e”…sooooo good.

@VaBluebird – agreed, “Anne with an e” is terrific, even if it does veer from the books once in a while. The actresses tht play Anne and Marilla are both exceptional. (And, frankly, just as I imagined them reading the books, way back when.)

Finished watching Manhunt this weekend. Very well done and great follow up to watching Mindhunter.

I loved Season 1 of Search Party but not the second. I’d be interested to hear your opinion when you’re done, LBowie…

We are thinking of watching Altered Carbon when it is released on Netflix next month.

Currently enjoying Victoria. Just started Season 2.