Binghamton Advantage Program?

<p>Is it really worth it? Or should I just accept going elsewhere?</p>

<p>Same boat very surprised I didnt get accepted, made it into a ton of other colleges “ranked” higher, yet bing was my first choice</p>

<p>Im seriously thinking about this</p>

<p>I mean its better than getting waitlisted but Im confused on whether its really worth it. </p>

<p>Its basically a guarantee admittance sophmore year as long as your gpa is above a 3.2 which should not be hard to acheive, especially at a cc</p>

<p>@da2jason I get that but Im confused whether we’re Bing students or the cc ones? O_o</p>

<p>They called it a dual something, so Im guessing both? At least until your sophmore year when your a fully “matriculated” student</p>

<p>Im going to call tmmrw and see if I can get this changed. Cause I honestly expected an acceptance. Smh. Better than nothing I guess /: @da2jason</p>

<p>Tell me how it goes and good luck, I might just go to Fordham or UBuffalo</p>

<p>My son also got accepted to Bing Advantage. The website says you’re a member of both communities. I would think you would feel second-class taking classes at a cc but he spoke to someone who is in the program now and she says that isn’t the case. The bonus is that he gets to have a car on campus as a freshman,</p>

<p>@da2jason Lol yeah same here with UBuffalo. Fordham gave me an interview for4/22 and Im thinking about just letting that go.
@lilaw88 Thanks (: Im going to speak to them too for reassurance just cause I don’t really agree with their decision. </p>

<p>Nishi25…Disappointment happens, and I’m sure you’re a good student, but saying that you expected to get in and calling the admissions office comes across a tad ungrateful and entitled. Be thankful you have this wonderful opportunity that not all others get :slight_smile: </p>

<p>@Clarimodest:You’re right, thank you (: I think Im just going to go to University at Buffalo as an EOP student and then try being a transfer the following year.</p>

<p>If you are going to apply as a transfer you should take the BAP program, since it is basically a guarantee admission. I might do this program.</p>

<p>I was on the fence between New Paltz and Binghamton when i applied. Binghamton is a harder sell now with this. Like, i would get into a more prestigious school but be a second class citizen for a year. Now im chosing between the advantage program and new paltz. im in the same boat, idk if its worth it.</p>

<p>I’m a current student at Bing and know lots of people in the BAP. Honestly it’s totally normal nobody is treated like “second-class” students. BAP people have full access to everything a Bing student does, including living in the dorms and clubs and whatnot. The only thing BAP can’t do is play D1. There are special bus routes to take students from BU to BCC. They mostly take care of pre-reqs anyway so it’s not a big deal. </p>

<p>Nobody gets treated any differently and they all get the full Bing experience. Lots are even pledging frats and sororities right now. Honestly if you’re interested in BU, the BAP is a pretty good deal. </p>

<p>@kmacNJ I decided Im going to UBuffalo with my EOP & then transfer as an EOP candidate for Binghamton. I got rejected as an EOP for Binghamton this time around because my grades were too high /:</p>

<p>Okay, so speaking with his guidance dept at the H.S., and some friends currently attending BU and also writing to admissions, my son declined the Binghamton Advantage offer.</p>

<p>He took a good look his 3 top choices and at Broome Community College and it felt like a no brainer to him. He will go to Albany and Oneonta Admitted Students day this weekend and next, and he will choose between those. Then, in time, depending on how much he loves his school, he’ll decide to if he wants to stay put where he is or if he’d like to transfer to Bing. Sounds like a solid plan! BAP is out of the question now!</p>

<p>Good luck to all of you! </p>

<p>Same here it might be UB or UMass for me, because the way financial aid is set up these private colleges are out of the question. I m going to look into this BAP program further though.Best of luck with your choices!</p>

<p>Yeah Im not really liking the BAP idea, but likewise @da2jason my counselor is looking forward into it for me before I decide where I want to go, which will most likely be UB</p>