Binghamton Class of 2025 chances

my daughter applied EA to The Watson School of Engineering for computer science. Wondering what her chances are: 95 UW, 105.5 Weighted, 1440 SAT, top 2% (17/774), Computer Science AP -5, APUSH -3, taking 3 AP’s and 2 dual credits, already has 3 dual credits, taking computer science senior seminar, Philanthropy chair of J-teen, Hudson Valley Stands Up member, team leader and relay chair of Relay for Life, national honor society (just found out today so it won’t be on her BU application), Spanish honor society, Area all-state band, works part -time.

Hi, I have similar stats to your daughter’s, and I’m applying to Binghamton as a safety school. My guidance counselor is pretty confident about my chances. Wishing her the best of luck!

My daughter submitted her EA app the other day, now patiently (ok not so patiently) eating to hear back. It’s her top choice.

Sophconrad - thank you so much - good luck to you as well! Are you applying to the Watson School of Engineering??

A 1440 should be fine for Binghamton. Her other stats are fantastic so there’s no need to worry. She’ll probably be in the first wave of admissions.

THank you!!

Does anyone know what the method of communication is. Email, Regular mail, Status checker ?

@Beccapsych If I remember correctly, with my S18, they did email, but he was constantly checking his portal and found out that way before he saw the email.

Usually around November 19th when the first wave of out of state acceptances is released. So, maybe tomorrow.

When my son applied back in 2017, he received his decision on 11/30 (we are in-state). I am not sure if the timing will be different since the admissions cycle for the class of 2021 is different (being TO).

How was he notified? I know to check the portal and she does. It says her application is being considered. Will that change to something like decision made, or someplace on the portal will it be obvious where to look?

@AndreaLynn If I remember correctly, with my S18, they did email, but he was constantly checking his portal and found out that way before he saw the email. He heard rumblings that decisions were being posted, so he checked his portal and saw a congratulations message.

He is currently a third-year SOM student (graduating a semester early) and planning to stay for his Masters in Accounting so he can sit for the CPA.

Did anyone here from Binghamton EA yet?

Nothing yet. I’m assuming they don’t send them out over the weekend?

Still haven’t gotten a decision… I’m an in-state student as well. Has anyone heard any recent updates?

Hey, my son just got deferred from SOM-applied early action and deferred to regular. Instate. What are his chances? Does your son know students in SOM who got in that way (deferred from EA)?