Binghamton Scholars Program Class of 2019

^^ Is it true then? I didn’t know about EA, so now I feel idiotic.

@delsenor‌ Well, that’s how it sounds from what people are saying. And correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems only RD applicants have been offered spots in Scholars so far.

Delsenor, are you saying that you have never heard of EA or that you did not know that those applying EA could be eligible for the Scholars program? If you have never heard of EA, would you mind sharing a little more about yourself (while not revealing anything that could allow someone now or later to aggregate your information across posts to identify you-in other words, being careful not to provide info that is too detailed). Could you describe the type of school you went to and how your school dealt with college applications and college prep?

@lavalamp97 I read somewhere on the Binghamton website a few months ago that EA applicants have priority over RD applicants in the selection of scholars. As a RD applicant, I’m just trying to figure out if I should keep my hopes up.
@lostaccount I didn’t realize that EA was offered at Binghamton. I thought that the options were ED and RD, like the other SUNY schools. Of course I know what EA is.

Thanks for the clarification. My impression is that some poeple aren’t aware of the full breadth of options until they apply.

@delsenor‌ I’m the same way. I’m worried now, and I’m regretting not applying early action.

@lavalamp97 Yes, that’s exactly it! Especially since I don’t think I’ll be able to afford the private schools I applied to. I just wish there was more information about the process for Scholars.

Today was the deadline for EA Scholars to make decisions, so hopefully we RD applicants will hear back about Scholars sometime soon.

@lavalamp97‌ I had my Binghamton admitted student dinner tonight, and the campus rep said the second round of Scholars invites went out yesterday and should be arriving Thursday or Friday. I don’t think my stats are strong enough for the program, but I’ll let myself keep up hope for three more days. Best of luck to you!

@delsenor‌ Good luck to you too! I’ve also recently realized I don’t think I’ll get in, but it’s a relief to know we’ll finally find out soon.

I just received my Scholars invitation today in the mail. I had applied RD to Binghamton and was accepted in mid-Feb. Here are my stats:
SAT: CR 800, MA 720, WR 750
SAT Subject: Physics 800, Math 1 780, World History 800, U.S. History 780
GPA: 98.3
I think I have strong ECs (but who knows!).

The Scholars program sounds like a great opportunity, and I feel lucky to have been invited!

RoverSally, are you going to attend Binghamton?

I don’t know. It will all depend on what I hear in the next couple of weeks. Thank you for asking!

@lavalamp97‌ I couldn’t agree more.
@RoverSally‌ Congratulations!

I wish I would get a rejection letter for Scholars or something like that if I didn’t get in, haha. I don’t think I got in, but it’ll just be something I’ll have to figure out over time as I don’t get a letter from Bing about it.

It actually does not matter when you applied for in terms of getting accepted to the scholars program. I know two people one applied EA the other applied RD barely before the deadline. Both got into Scholars by February. One had really good stats, similar to RoverSally, the other so so by top tier standards, did not apply to any Ivy but still good. They said they hope to fill all spots by Mid May

Hi all,
I’m a current scholar. Typically there is about 100 scholars per grade and they send out invites in a rolling manner. Everytime they send out invites into the scholars program, they set a date for students to confirm participation in scholars by. If they don’t get the 100 by that date, they then send out more invitations to the next most qualified applicants. I know some scholars who didn’t find out until May about their invitation into the program. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

@dorcha16 After you accepted the scholars invite and paid your initial deposit, when did you hear back from the scholars program?

@jzhao80 I had already put my deposit down before I was invited to scholars, but if you accepted the invite already and paid your deposit, you should’ve been invited to the scholars presentation at accepted students day. As orientation in the summer nears, you’ll get information about when the scholars orientation is, as well as (most likely) an invitation into a facebook group that contains members of the scholars council who can give you more information about the program and what will be coming in the next year.