Binghamton School of Management

Hi, I want to get some feedback on this school especially on SOM program. My son gets accepted. I want to know which particular major is best at SOM (i.e. Finance or Accounting). How about school life, dorm … etc. Thanks

I cannot answer questions about this specific school, but can state that many business students across the country double major in finance and accounting. Regardless, your son should be able to decide between these two majors after taking an introductory course or two in each discipline.

SoM is really known for its accounting program. It is excellent and has great placements with the big 4. It’s a solid career choice in general. The finance program is smaller than accounting and less well known but it is IMO one of the better options for finance in the suny system.

Graduating from SOM this Spring. To start, SOM is a fantastic school with an excellent pipeline to NYC. If your son stays on top of his work, he will have no issues finding placement. As for major, he does not need to really consider that right now, as you do not declare until Sophomore year, earliest… I started as Finance and have since switched to Management Information Systems, a major growing exponentially in SOM. SOM is very distinguished, and an opportunity hard to pass up, in my opinion. I have had the opportunity to work for a big bank, a big four, and Google, from merely networking with fellow SOM students.