Binghamton SOM

I am deciding between Binghamton’s School of Management and Drexel’s LeBow College of Business. I have heard SOM is a very good undergraduate program for business and is better than Drexel’s. At the same time, Drexel has co-ops and is in a city like Philadelphia which could help with jobs and internships. I have also heard that many undergraduate schools are viewed in similar ways and reputations unless they are ivy league schools. I would love some input and feedback. Thank You.

nvs, did you get into the som already out of high school?? I only ask because getting into SOM is different than getting into Harpur. If you did, I would say go to SOM over Drexel due to the cost. I assume if you are from NYS, that the cost of suny bing will be alot less than going to Drexel. I agree, the undergrad programs are important, however, it is really where you get your masters and or MBA is what matters.

Both are excellent schools, but why spend alot more money if you do not have to. Bing has an excellent reputation. Now, if you were going to grad school and got into the SOM masters program and NYU or Cornell, then I would say spend the extra money and go to Nyu or Cornell since those are worth the extra cost.

@euve69 i got into SOM directly out of high school. drexel gave me scholarships and grants so the cost would be around the same for me

good for you just curious, what was your gpa and sat scores?? I hear it is extremely hard to get in directly from high school.

anyway, personally, I would attend Binghamton, but you have to visit both schools to get a feel as to where you feel more comfortable.

@euve69 thank you. 3.79 and 2130. its hard for me to decide because they are very different schools. do you know which has a better reputation amongst employers?

I am not a drexel expert, but to be honest, I have not really heard alot about drexel being brought up in any way so I would think that bing is the better program, but to be honest, bing is a very good program so you cannot go wrong. Now, if you said, cornell, columbia nyu even baruch, villanova etc then I would say go there, but if you look at the major rankings,(which does not always matter anyways) I do not recall seeing drexel listed. Maybe I am wrong, but I do not remember seeing them in the rankings. You will not go wrong going to SOM.