Binghamton Spring 2024 Admit with Fall 2023 Waitlist

My DD got accepted for Spring and is waitlisted for Fall. Is this the same as the “regular” waitlist? Is every kid on the waitlist also accepted for Spring?I have been on hold for two hours with admissions!!Any idea how many get in off the waitlist? Can we say yes to Spring admit with Fall waitlist AND commit to another school while waiting? Any idea how they integrate Spring starts socially?

No. Not everyone waitlisted gets in for Spring. You have to pay the deposit to keep your spot. If you don’t mind losing your deposit then I would say yes.

Think I posted in other thread about my family’s experience.

1. Accepted March 2020 for Spring 2021 admission.
  2. Decided to do Spring 2021 admission late April 2020.
  3. Called next day asking if wanted Fall 2020 admission (off waitlist). Had 24 hours to decide.
  4. Due to COVID uncertainty stayed Spring 2021.
  5. They had online events in August and Fall. Would assume there would be on campus events this time.
  6. Picked room in Dec 2020. Back then Hinman/Cleveland was just renovated. First group to live there.
  7. Spring admits get priority registration for Spring ahead of all others I believe.

tku. this is helpful. Finally got through! They told us she can commit to Bing for Spring AND another school for Fall …So, it seems the best move is to do that & then wait till mid May(ish) to see if she gets in for Fall and also give us more time to decide re: Spring

We were trying to decide what option made the best sense… Does my son select “yes I will attend spring but keep me on the fall waitlist”, but does that make it easy for Binghamton to just keep me in the guaranteed Spring bucket. OR do I select “no to spring however yes to still be kept on fall waitlist”… however does that then makes him seem less committed to Binghamton. Geez… ugh.

I have the same questions and it is hard to know if Admissions will be honest about this

And tbh, I think selecting Spring w/Fall list is the best bet because you can change your mind (not binding until October). I also think the odds of getting off the waitlist are not that high, so if your son really wants to go, he should prob do the same

Do you think it was much harder to integrate socially as a Spring admit?

Well…. Due to extraneous circumstances my son did not go Spring 2021. He did manage to get accepted for Fall 2021, but only lasted a semester. No fault of Bing. If you have any questions there usually is a FB group for spring admits for each class year. You could ask for admission into the 22/26 class group.

There is a different vibe based on the Spring21 group I was in. as you will be arriving mid January instead of mid August. Also, Spring 21 start was pushed back two weeks for COVID and was probably the worst COVID semester of them all.