Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

After obsesivly checking the status update for a month I have been accepted to Harpur!!!
ACT: 30
SAT: 1930
GPA: 92.14/100 (W)
AP: US History (4), English Lang (3), World History (4)

EC: Boy Scouts(Eagle/ SPL), Ski Club (Vice-prez), Latin Club officer, Soccer, Yearbook, Volunteer at local Food Pantry and with local organization called Vosca.

i heard most people that got accepted were notified already and now most are going to be deferrals. Is that true?

I have yet to hear back

Congratulations to everyone!! We are still waiting for a decision. Bing is our 1st Choice!!

accepted to harpur last night!!
95 weighted gpa, 29 act

Congrats to all!! My son got into Harpur today with a 2070 SAT and a 97.6 Weighted GPA. I am an alum, and our family couldn’t be more excited. Binghamton is an amazing experience in my opinion.

Do they send decisions on weekends?

Eddiesmom, if the question was for me, no, my son applied for physics, so Harpur should be ok. He was also interested in Computer science, that is in Watson, so will see. While I like Bing., the scholarship he got in Albany is very good and in this time of money being tied, Albany has also a competitive physics program

I got into Binghamton yesterday!!! I’ll go there provided I don’t get into Macaulay Honors College. GPA: 94 SAT: 2000

is there anyone who didn’t apply to harpur or the som that has been accepted?

Yes. I’ve been accepted to Watson @coco1998, along with other people in this thread.

Just got my acceptance letter yesterday! Got an email that told me my application was updated, when i clicked “view update” it took me to the letter.
So I got accepted to Decker Nursing, here’s my info:

GPA: (unweighted) 3.55 -> I attend an Early College so all of my classes are college classes

SAT I: 2190
Composite M+R: 1430
SAT II: 800 on literature

Extracurriculars:
Peer tutor
14 hrs/week job
VP of chemistry club
100 hours volunteering
Polish School

@UltraDMan — I am not aware of any posts indicating that an acceptance was received over the weekend.
@EmCollege333 & @stargazerchloe — congratulations!

Has anyone got his/her decision back from applying regular decision???

My D was deferred at Harpur but accepted into CCPA. She received an email from admissions explaining the acceptance and answering some general questions which they must have received from everyone in the same situation. Not entirely helpful and my D is confused as to what to do but she will probably accept and seek to transfer into Harpur after freshman year. We are very happy with the Bing admission but the CCPA acceptance was a curveball. Good luck to everyone waiting!

Received my acceptance to Harpur on Friday!

Stats:
ACT: 29 - 21 math, 25 science 36 reading, 35 english

Essay: Very strong, wrote about what being open-mindedness means when observing other cultures’ practices
Recommendations: Steller
ECs: Stellar

Weaknesses: ACT math/science scores
Strengths: Essays and ECs

@whozitnow I actually am in a similar situation, deferred from Harpur but accepted into CCPA. I took the offer in hopes of transferring into Harpur by the end of freshman year. I am excited, and yes it definitely was a curveball but I believe we can make it work. The core classes of freshman year shouldn’t vary between colleges and we should be able to switch by the time it matters.
SAT : 1900 (600/600/700)
GPA: 3.7
Honestly, with these statistics I easily understand why I may have been deferred from Harpur , and I am very grateful for being accepted into CCPA!

Do people get accepted after the 11th (the meet and greet)?

@newyorksports98 I’m pretty sure that meet and greet thing is only for people in the NYC region. I (Hudson Valley NY) was accepted on Friday and haven’t received any notification about it, so you should still be able to be accepted after that date.

Still waiting but I’m an out of state applicant.