Binghamton University Class of 2021 Decisions

This evening Binghamton University released its first wave of Early Action Acceptances! Good luck!! Daughter was notified of acceptance on the admissions portal! :slight_smile:

Merged two threads with lots of overlap
ED

if you applied EA they notify some, usually the kids with higher gpas and sat/act scores, in late december and every one else by the second week in January

Hi. I heard from someone in admissions yesterday who told me that stats have nothing to do with when decisions are sent out. He said many decisions will be sent out in the “coming weeks”.

My D received an email last night giving a brief synopsis of the different schools within Binghamton. It had a link to check her status but her status is still the same. Her EA application is being considered for the College of Community and Public Affairs.

@impntmom Son got the Binghamton teaser email too. They are a bit annoying. One from another school read, ** “We’re so glad you applied! You’ll be hearing from us about that very soon!” **

Come on! Really?

@STEM2017 - I was kind of hoping maybe it was a good sign? LOL!

@impntmom Same!

@STEM2017 I got another teaser too. I had emailed them to ask a generic question and inquired if it helped at all that my other D is at Bing already in the Scholars Program. They said “not really, however, it would be exciting to enroll two members from the same family!”

Fingers Crossed!

Good luck everyone! You can check past years threads to see when people started getting their responses, but I clearly remember getting mine around Christmas.

Looks like based on last year, some people heard as early as December 5th!!!

Can anyone help me out here? My daughter used to be able to check her application status by logging onto mybinghamton.edu. (that is the site my other daughter uses as she is a student there already). Now, when I try to log in, it says “you are not authorized to view this page”. i have to go in through the regular application status checker. Is this a bad sign? Could she have been rejected and they no longer allow her access? Everything about her application is well within their stats with the exception of the ACT where she got a 27. GPA is very good, extra curriculars, recommendations were stellar. And her sister attends. She is being considered for the CCPA school.

I just got an email asking me to check my application status, and I got in!!

I got in also!! First round is coming out so early this year!

I was accepted today! In state, 95 GPA, 34 ACT

My stats, for reference:
33 ACT
4.12 weighted GPA (school does not calculate unweighted)
Out of state (CT)

My son was accepted today. 33 ACT 4.87 weighted GPA

Just found out about my acceptance! Does anyone know when info about the scholars program might come out?

I got accepted!!

Are people getting emails at this hour?

@STEM2017 My email was sent at 7:06, but I just got a chance to look at it