Binghamton University Class of 2021 Decisions

Phone problems. Some of you deferred people will still get in.If you kicked butt the first semester, send in an updated transcript.

@Rich44

I would say most of the folks will get in. I have seen this pattern year after year with Bing. They take the 33-36 ACT scores first. Now, alot of those folks are going to the ivy schools or tufts, duke etc. Yes, some will attend BIng, but with a yield of probably what? 25-30% ? you know that the students with a 30 31 32 etc are eventually getting in. For the most part. I know each applicant is unique, but with the EA, Bing is picking off the tippy top students first knowing full well that most will not attend. Bing admissions is not stupid, they know that they are a safety school for alot of the ivy kids etc.

Now, SOM, and Decker are harder to get into. However with act scores of 32 plus, I think a good perctage of those students will get into SOM and Decker in the RA pool

Would someone with a 29 ACT and a 3.73 gpa be able to get into Harpur? :confused:

30 ACT. 3.8 GPA. Deferred to RD from EA. hopeful RD

Has anyone applied through EOP? If so have you heard back? And what are your stats?!

i applied ea but still nothing… should i be concerned?

edit: never mind. thought i applied ea but just double checked and it’s rd.

Agree euve69. Plus people will also wait and see what schools offer what before committing. Does anyone know when Binghamton sends notice of any merit scholarship dollars?

@Rich44

I do not know the answer to that. However, I would assume that they give merit for OOS mainly? If you have info on this please let me know, but I was under the impression that BING is not big on merit money for in state students.

I heard back from Binghamton a month and a half ago but I haven’t gotten my financial aid award yet. Does anyone know when those get sent out?

Got my acceptance to Harpur about an hour ago.
High School GPA: 3.52
Currently attending University at Buffalo, first semester GPA was 3.81
Old SAT: 1980

I got accepted to Watson School of Engineering, was notified through the status checker yesterday night, I hope I’ll get some merit scholarship.

may I ask, why would you change from UB to Bing? Do you live closer to Bing?

Jekcheat are you RD? What kind of score do you have?

Has someone got into Decker School of Nursing?

When do RD people typically hear back from Binghamton?

Stem2017 did you ever hear back?

tanner1234 I actually live about two minutes from UB, which makes Bing three hours away. I have personally had a very negative experience with UB. If you’re looking to apply there and would like more detail, message me and I’ll gladly give you my experience with the school.

@aed2021 S was deferred on Jan 15.

my son was deferred on 12/14

A was deferred as well on 1/6