Binghamton University Class of 2021 Decisions

I got in last night! 4.9 weighted GPA, 30 ACT, 1980 old SAT. from jersey, so excited!!!

@dmclark190 @evap99 Congrats guys :slight_smile:

My son heard yesterday, accepted into the Watson school of engineering.

He doesn’t have a ranked list of schools from top to bottom (he applied to 11, we’ve heard yes from 4 so far.) SUNY Binghamton & Buffalo were ranked high for me because of in state tuition costs though!

Is this all ED?

My EA application is still under review according to the portal

Accepted to School of Management
GPA: 3.73
SAT: 1270/1600 (Old: 700M +570CR)
Out of State: NJ
Both Parents Attended

Accepted to Harpur last night! 3.8 UW GPA from a competitive in-state public high school and a 32 ACT.

I’m going to wait to commit until after I hear from my RD schools, but I’m so glad to have gotten in and I could really see myself going here.

are the acceptance letters timing going out by numbers? like if you have better grades you’ll get accepted earlier?

When do you think the next wave of people will hear there results?

The last wave was THREE weeks ago. So who knows? But all EA applicants are supposed to hear by Jan 15.

I have a 94.74 GPA and 1460 SAT but have yet to hear so I’m getting nervous since people with much lower stats have gotten in already. Should I be worried that I haven’t heard yet?

If u guys want to PM me with ur info I can make an Bing group chat :slight_smile:

@1zogden1 They release by stats high to low and by the school also. What school are you applying to?

@motortrend I applied to SOM which I realize is the most selective school but I did not realize it was that selective. I just got into BC’s business school but Binghamton is my only financial safety so I was banking on Binghamton in case I couldn’t afford any of my private schools but I am starting to get worried that that might not happen.

1Zogden1 - Nobody should be worried just because they haven’t heard yet.

Anyone else moved to the regular decision pool from early action? should i be worried?

yes, my son @arcollege18

@1zogden1 your stats look really good. I think you should be fine. Good luck and don’t worry about not hearing back yet. Many don’t hear until Jan.

Accepted into Engineering CS Major
GPA - 3.6 weighted
SAT - 1500 (out of 1600)
APs: Lang, Lit, Calc BC, Comp Sci, World History, American History, Econ, Gov and Politics, Physics, Environmental Sci
In-state student from a competitive public high school

My friend and I both applied EA - he already got his desicion while I haven’t. We go to the same school. Is this a problem?

@bbartow14 Definitely not! They’re releasing the notifications in batches. I heard two weeks after a group of people at my school. Nothing to worry about! Best of luck :slight_smile: