Biology and Chemistry combined

What majors are available that combine biology and chemistry but do not involve programming or technology side much?
I have already heard about chemical and biomolecular engineering. When I looked at biomedical engineering it seems like there is robotics and other similar STEM-related content in the curriculum so I do not prefer it much.

It sounds as if you would like to study biochemistry / molecular biology. On a foundational level, this field concerns the chemical elements principally involved in life functions, notably carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur.

What would you want to do with bio and chem? Do you aspire to work in a lab? Would you want to teach one or both of these subjects? Are you interested in med school, PA school, etc?

Have you considered pharmacy? There are quite a few direct-entry accelerated programs where you earn a BS (in biochem or related field) and a PharmD in 6 or 7 years.

Biochemistry, biological chemistry, pharmacology, physiology, toxicology, health sciences, cell biology, environmental chemistry, neuroscience, immunology, molecular biology, molecular genetics, pharmaceutical chemistry, nutrition. I’m sure there’s more.

1 Like

The most obvious one is biochemistry. Molecular biology may be another.

However, colleges that do not offer such a major may have a subarea of such under the biology or chemistry major.