Biology seminars

<p>I hope there is a biology major out there. As of now I am majoring in biology, but I am thinking of switching to pre-pharm. I like biology, but I don't know what I would want to do with the degree. During Day on Campus there was an overflow of bio majors and I had to visit an upperclassmen advisor. She recommended that I take Bio 115 to find out more about careers, but I am also able to take the Frosh Honors seminar instead. I feel like I don't want to miss out on the honors program, but I am not sure which would help me the most. Does anyone know more about these classes or have a recommendation for me? Thanks</p>

<p>are you taking bio 110/111? i took ap biology in high school and tested out of them (110/111) and am taking bio295 (microbio) next semester. i'm an electrical engineering major, so probably not what your looking for , but usually when i think bio major i think two routes: academic research and/or pre-medicine. i had a few people i knew who were taking bio 110/111 and looked at their material and seemed to be just about what I covered in h.s.. The material is not 'hard' per se, but there is an incredible amount of rote memorization, so basically the only way you can do well in these classes is sitting down and spending a lot of time on them memorizing everything. i believe that bio 111 is easier than bio 110, because there is more focus on stuff like evolution, plants, animals, etc...whereas bio 110 is more focused on biological processes w/ relation to chemistry. it is more cellular based with strong emphasis on memorizing things like Krebs cycles, glycolysis, etc...</p>

<p>if you wondering what other career opportunities there are for biology i would ask myself if you enjoy chemistry or math more because being good in one or the other can vastly differentiate what possible career paths you can take</p>